Thursday, August 29, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 29 AND my 101 in 1001 Final Update


Blog Challenge Day 29: Share 10 interesting facts about yourself.

I really don't think I'm all that interesting, but here ya go. I know, some of these are repeats (but if you are new to my blog, then these will be new facts for you).

1. I don't like my food touching. Honestly, I'm getting a little better about it. But still, if my green bean juice starts to run into my mashed potatoes or meat, I have issues. At Thanksgiving we get the plastic plates with dividers just for me.
This is my favorite kind of plate. Each food has its own place. No need for anything to touch.
2. I was the only child in my family (out of six) to attend elementary school, middle school, and high school in the same town. When my siblings were younger, my family moved around a lot. I lived in Austin from age five to eighteen. 

3. I don't like Starbucks. Granted, I don't like any kind of coffee, but I don't really care for any drinks from there.

4. I want to play a dead body on CSI (or any crime show for that matter). I can't act, but I think I could pull off playing a dead body. I think it would be cool to be on set of a TV show for a day, just to see what's it's like! I was an extra in a movie once, and it was a lot of fun! FYI, the movie hasn't been released yet, BUT if it ever is, I'll let y'all know the name. I was an extra in a scene for a baseball game, a parade, and town hall meeting.

5. I'm in the process of trying to write a novel. I've been in the process for many years now, I can't decide what I want to happen. If I ever finish it, I'll let y'all know.

6. I don't eat cake or pie. I know, I know, people always give me a weird look when I say that. I guess I COULD eat it, I just don't. It's not my thing.

True story.
7. I am a wannabe tornado chaser. Whenever there is a tornado warning, my friends are always texting me to make sure I'm at home and not out chasing it. I would never chase it on my own, but I would love to tag along with a professional tornado chaser. Tornadoes have always fascinated me. I know, I know, they can do a lot of damage, I wish tornadoes only touched down in empty fields and never hurt anyone. But still, I can't get over my fascination of them.

8. I'm a chocolate milk snob. I don't like regular milk, I'll only drink chocolate milk. And it has to be made with Nestle's Quik, I'm sorry, Nesquik, powder (no syrup). And don't even try giving me an imitation brand, I won't drink it.

I'm serious about my Nesquik.
 9. My hair is naturally curly (well, really wavy), but 95% of the time, I straighten it.

10. I despise the game of Monopoly. I don't really care for board games in general (having A.D.D. makes it hard to focus), but Monopoly is one I refuse to play, don't even ask me.

It's hard to believe it, but it's been 1001 days since I started my 101 in 1001 day challenge. I failed so miserably at it! Well, I got a lot of it done, but not everything. As promised, I'm donating $1 to the Special Olympics for everything I didn't complete. In the next week or so, I'll make up another 101 in 1001 that I'll try and complete. I did start on some of them, but didn't totally complete it, so I guess that is considered a "fail". For those who are new, here was my list.

In Progress
Completed
Unattainable/Failed

Places to Go, Things to See. 
1. Travel outside of the United States
2. Visit at least 7 of the 13 places in Texas I’ve never been (click
here for that list) (2/7)
3. Visit Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame)
4. Attend games at 5 MLB ballparks I’ve never been to before (1/5)
5. Go to Rangers spring training game (see here for recap)
6. Go to a George Strait concert
7. Visit Graceland
8. Visit Hollywood
9. Take a road trip with a friend
10. Visit 6 museums in DFW that I’ve never been to before (6/6)
11. Visit a National Park that I’ve never been to before
12. Go snorkeling
13. Go to a Spurs game in San Antonio
14. Travel to a state I’ve never visited 

-I didn't make it out of the United States THIS time, but hopefully in the next 1001 days, I will. I'll have to start planning a trip.
-I made it to seven places on my list of places to go in Texas.
-Still didn't make it to Cooperstown. Soon, I'm telling you, soon.
-I only made it to one new MLB ballpark in the last three years, that's upsetting. It's gonna take me FOREVER to see all of the ballparks and stadiums at this rate.
-I missed the George Strait concert. I hope he makes it to Dallas next year on his farewell tour. 
-Still haven't made it out to California, I'm hoping to make a trip out there next summer, Hollywood will be on my list!
-I only made it to ONE National Park in the past three years, and it was one I had visited as a kid. I really need to travel more.
-Still didn't go snorkeling. :(
-Sadly the one time I was in San Antonio during basketball season, the Spurs were on the road (I'm sorry Mavs friends, my folks are from San Antonio, three guesses which team I grew up cheering for).
Total cost: $9 

Home is Where the Heart Is. 
15. Organize hall closet (so I can actually see a floor).
16. Vacuum my living room and bedroom once a week for three months (3/3)
17. Go through my closet once a year and donate clothes to Mission Arlington (3/3)
18. Complete scrapbook for elementary school.
19. Clean out storage unit
20. Catalog all my baseball cards into an Excel spreadsheet
21. Complete scrapbook for college
22. Complete scrapbook for junior high/high school
23. Organize photo albums
24. Organize my sports/craft room


-I started cataloging all my baseball cards, I'm about 1/8 of the way through. Have I mentioned I have a lot of cards?
-I didn't even touch my scrapbook for junior high, high school, or college. It took me long enough to finish the one from elementary school!
-My photos are still in a giant box. I'm gonna have to take like a week off work and just organize those bad boys. 
Total cost: $4 

Money, Money, Money. 
25. Create a budget
26. Pay off credit cards
27. Organize all bills and financial docs
28. Carpool to work 2 times a week for 3 months (3/3)
29. Buy nothing but groceries for one month (meaning no shopping sprees)
30. Spend less than $50 a month eating out, twice (2/2)

31. Stick to a budget for 6 months (6/6)

-FINALLY! A category I completed everything in. Weehoo!!
Total cost: $0


It’s Not Personal—It’s Just Business. 
32. Clean off my desk an average of once a month (32/33)
33. Volunteer to work at the company Career Conference
34. Actually take a lunch break away from my desk twice a month (66/66)
35. Volunteer to work at the company Leadership Conference
36. Volunteer to work on the company's Habitat for Humanity team
37. Volunteer at the annual Seminars
38. Keep the plant on my desk alive (I tend to kill even plastic plants)
39. Check out job postings in other department, preferably the public relations department

40. Organize file cabinet
41. Keep work email inbox down to no more than 10 unread emails a day (I get over 100 daily)
42. File away old jobs at least once a month


-Yeah, my plant made it almost a year before it met its demise. Told y'all I'm not good with plants.
Total cost: $1

No Pain, No Gain. 
43. Finish Jillian's 30 Day Shred (I've started it three times already)
44. Eat no fast food for a week, 5 times (5/5)  

45. Do 100 sit-ups 4 times a week for 6 consecutive weeks (0/6)
46. Drink no Dr Pepper for a week, 4 times (4/4)
47. Go for a walk 20 times (20/20)
48. Work out three times a week for 10 consecutive weeks
49. Cook at home every night for a week, 7 times (7/7)

50. Eat at 10 restaurants in Dallas/Fort Worth I’ve never been to before (10/10)
51. Learn to cook 10 new meals (that don’t include the microwave) (10/10)

52. No sweets for a week, twice (2/2) (not including sugarless gum)
53. Attend one “dance” workout class at my friend’s gym
54. Take dancing lessons


-Yeah, the whole 100 sit-ups so didn't happen at least once, let's be honest.
-I probably worked out a total of 10 weeks, just not consecutively (okay, I worked out more than that over the past three years, but there were weeks I took off, either from being sick, too busy, or just lazy.) I didn't get 10 weeks in a row. :(
-Now that I live closer to my friend, I MIGHT go to one of these workout dance classes of hers. I'm still hesitant about it.
-Okay, there is a place near me that offers dance lessons on Friday nights. I WILL go one of these days, probably after baseball season when my life settles down some.
Total cost: $4 

A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste. 
55. Read at least two new books per month (24/66)
56. Make one of #55 Jane Eyre (been trying to read it since 1994!) 
57. Read the Bible in chronological order (completed in 2011) 
58. No computer (non-work related) for five consecutive days (5/5) 
59. Have a quiet time every day for 3 months (0/3) 
60. Create 3 new projects that aren’t scrapbooking related (3/3) 
61. Spend the day at the Dallas Art Museum, listening to the audio for the permanent exhibits 
62. No video, computer or iPhone games for seven consecutive days (7/7) 
63. Complete three group Bible Study courses (1/3) 
64. Watch 25 new-to-me movies from the AFI top 100 list (10th Anniversary Edition) (1/25) 
65. Read 15 books I haven’t read already off of the 50 Banned Books list (0/15) 
66. No TV for 3 consecutive days 
67. Keep a prayer journal for two months 
68. Attend a symphony 
69. Attend 7 musicals/plays (7/7) 
70. Write and post a book review on at least half of the books read from the Banned Books list

-I'm so ashamed I didn't read more. I'm seriously going to make it a point to read at least a book a week next year. I love to read, I hate that I've put other things ahead of that!
-I tried Jane Eyre yet again. ONE of these days I'll finish it.
-I suck, a quiet time is something I should do EVERY day. I'm ashamed I couldn't even have one three months in a row.
-I still need to go to the Dallas Museum of Art and just take my time walking around. It seems when I go, I'm with friends, and we are on a time schedule. 
-I only completed one Bible study course. Again, I suck. :(
-I can't seem to watch "top quality" movies, I watch crap "B" movies on Netflix. I will make it through this list. If I have to force myself to spend a weekend or two doing it!
-Again, with my love of reading you would think I would have read at least ONE book on this list. I'm so ashamed.
-Again, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't keep up with my prayer journal. Something else I need to work on.
-I made it to an opera, but not a symphony. Maybe I'll find one at Christmas to go to, I love hearing Christmas music!
-Yeah, I think I wrote ONE book review, and it wasn't even a book from the banned book list. Good grief. I failed so bad in this category! 
Total cost: $10

Do Unto Others… 
71. Make a donation to a different charity twice a year (6/6)
72. Send 10 snail mail letters to friends/family (not including holidays or birthdays) (10/10)
73. Donate items to Mission Arlington once a year (3/3)
74. Make a sack lunch to give to a homeless person
75. Leave an anonymous “thinking of you card” on a co-worker’s desk
76. Call someone who I don’t see on a regular basis
77. Mail a friend an unexpected gift (non birthday or Christmas related)
78. Host a “girls night out” at least 5 times (5/5)
79. Give a generous tip for a job well done (either at a restaurant, hair salon or nail salon)

80. Take a friend out for a nice dinner (non birthday related)
81. Sign up to be an organ donor- completed Jan 3, 2011
82. Finally cut hair and donate to Pink Heart Funds (or an organization like it) completed July 16, 2011
83. Have lunch/dinner with relatives that live in Dallas (I rarely see them)


-I did give a bottle of water to a homeless man I saw one day who was on the street corner, but I don't think that counts, so I'll count this one as a fail.
Total cost: $1

Just for Me. 
84. Start practicing the piano again
85. Treat myself to a Chick-Fil-A milkshake once a month (33/33)
86. Go to a day spa
87. Get a pedicure
88. Get a manicure
89. Buy a new outfit
90. Spend a day relaxing in bed completed 1/29/11
91. Go a week without complaining in traffic

92. Set aside at least one night a month as “me” time
93. Make decision about joining FBC (First Baptist Church)
94. Make a decision about buying a Nook or Kindle
95. Be in bed before 10pm every night for a week 
96. Watch a sunrise
97. Watch a sunset
98. Buy myself a steak dinner at least twice (2/2)


-Kinda sad, I'm all about me, had no problem completing this category. 
Total cost: $0

I’ve Loved These Days. 
99. Blog about met goals at least an average of once a month (15/33)
100. Create new 101 in 1001 days
101. Donate $1 to
Special Olympics Texas for all items not accomplished 


-I was TERRIBLE about blogging on my list (some of you probably didn't even know about it). I WILL be better next time!!
Total cost: $1

In the next month I'll be making my $30 donation to the Special Olympics. Again, I'll make my new 101 in 1001 next week.

Hope y'all have a fantastic day!

XOXO! 

3 comments:

  1. Haha-- my "all about me" category was all checks too. Lol. You did pretty good though! Mine was about the same-- some categories were disasters, some were pretty good. It's a fun thing to do but really hard to stay focused for 1001 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right w/ ya on #10. That game takes FOREVER to play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am questioning that during this time you must deliver a try and this new app Flash Player Apk : which is now maximum trending app inside the global.

    ReplyDelete