Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Weekend Recap and Blog Challenge Day 27


Blog Challenge Day 27: Share a baby picture of yourself.


I know, I was stinkin' adorable, right? :) And I probably play the piano as well then as I do now. ;)

So, I'm a day late, but how was everyone's weekend? I had another busy weekend. Friday I had to go to my doctor for a biometric screening and physical. It was great to see my friend Pam (who is also my doctor), BUT I didn't enjoy having to give blood OR that I had to get a tetanus shot. BUT, I was a big girl and didn't cry, so I got a lollipop. And a Snoopy band-aid. ;)

Getting a shot like a boss.
Friday night I FINALLY got to hang out with my friend Aaron. I hadn't seen him since January. We went to dinner then went to see the movie The Conjuring. The movie definitely had its creepy moments. The best part was the guy sitting behind us who kept talking to the screen. He was like, "girl, are you crazy don't go in there", and "oh [heck] no, that didn't just happen". Normally people talking during movies annoys me, but during horror films, I think it's hilarious!

Me and my friend Aaron

Saturday morning I was lazy. L-A-Z-Y. I pretty much stayed in bed until 11:00am. No lie. Here is my Facebook status from Saturday morning.

 
Saturday night a group of us went to Fort Worth for Monica's birthday. We didn't get a group picture (I'm not sure how we didn't do this), but I did photo bomb a picture of my friend Lyn and her hubby John. :)


After dinner Monica, Julie, Laura, and I went to the drive-in theater in Fort Worth. We watched Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (which was a weird movie, I never read the books, so I wasn't sure what to expect). The second movie, Elysium, didn't start until almost 11. After about an hour, we were all pretty much falling asleep (and the movie was kinda boring), so we left. But still, it only cost $8 for two movies (per person). Not bad, seeing that a lot of theaters cost that (or more) for just one movie.

It's kinda tricky to find. If you are familiar with Fort Worth, it's over near the Fort Worth Cats baseball stadium.
Sunday after church I was lazy and watched TV the rest of the day. Oh, I discovered this SyFy show called Haven (ChillerTV has been airing it the past two months, starting with season one.) I had been recording it on my DVR since July and just hadn't had time to watch it. I started watching it a few weeks ago. I just started season three yesterday. Season four starts next month on SyFy. I found out my friend Khrystal also loves the show, so I believe she and I will start having watch parties when the new season starts. Just when I think I could get rid of cable, I discover a new show...I'm such a sucker. ;)

So, I do have to point out that I hate giving blood because I bruise so easily. I had blood drawn on Friday, and my arm still looks like this. :(

Why yes, those are Rangers pajama shorts I'm wearing. Ignore my pale leg, sorry about that.

Hope everyone is having a good day! :)

XOXO!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment