Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Update and Blog Challenge Day 12

Hello my sweet friends! Sorry I am a little later in the day updating my blog. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Mine was great (despite getting a bad sunburn).

On Friday evening my friend Monica and I made a drive north to visit some of our friends who have a lake house at Lake Texoma (it's on the Texas/Oklahoma border, hence the name). 

We barely missed driving through some rain, but we saw this pretty rainbow on our drive up!
We spent Friday evening hanging out with our friends Elizabeth and Bobby, as well as some of their neighbors. They were all hilarious, we had a lot of fun!

Saturday we got up early to head out on the boat for a day of fun in the sun. We spent most of the day on this little beach area of Lake Texoma. We had it to ourselves for a few hours, but about 1pm more people started showing up.
My before pictures when I was still porcelain white! Yes, I make silly faces when I take selfies. Oh, and our view of the beach, before everyone else arrived. It was very peaceful!
Later in the day when more people arrived.
I had a little too much sun. I always think that I apply and reapply enough sunscreen, yet at the end of the day, it turns out I didn't. It didn't help that I fell asleep on the deck of the boat for a while. I didn't get pictures of my back, but trust me, it's a lot worse than the front side of me!

Showing off my lovely sunburn, you can kinda see my "burn line". In about a week, I'm gonna be peeling like a snake. Yeah, I can't burn and then get a sexy looking tan. I burn and peel (and get more freckles). I look like some alien from the 80's TV show V.
We headed back to Elizabeth and Bobby's house about five-ish to eat dinner. After taking a very cool shower, my sunburn was really starting to set in. I looked like Bob the Tomato from Veggie Tales.
No filters were used on these pictures, this is how red I was.
After a wonderful brisket dinner, we headed back to the lake to watch the sunset with a group of people. The community they live in is really nice. Everyone drives golf carts around the property instead of their cars. I really enjoyed being out there, it was peaceful!


Me and Monica enjoying the sunset
After a while, I started to not feel too well (I blame the sunburn), so I went back to Elizabeth and Bobby's house and pretty much crashed about 9. We got up early Sunday morning to drive back to Dallas. I spent the majority of Sunday on my couch, not moving.

The sunburn is getting a little better. It's definitely not the worst sunburn I've ever had. I am drinking lots of water and using this "after sun" aloe cooling gel that I really like. It makes the sunburn feel so much better.


Day 12: What is the story behind your name?
I'm pretty sure I was named after the Rachel in the Bible (see Genesis 29:17). All of my siblings and I have Biblical names. I know my middle name is after my great-aunt Ruth. Or was she my dad's great-aunt? She was somebody's aunt. I don't think I ever knew her though.

Hope everyone had a great Monday!

XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, your poor burn! I hope it heals quickly. Sunburns are the worst!!!

    ReplyDelete