Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday Ramblings...

I honestly thought this week would creep by since I'm going on vacation on Friday, but Wednesday seems to have sneaked up on me! Two more days and I'm Atlanta-bound! :)

If you follow me on Twitter (see sidebar for the link to my page), you may have already seen this, but I am publicly professing my love for David Murphy (just don't tell his wife!) ;) He had a great game last night! He scored 3 RBIs, including the game winner in the bottom of the 10th, as the Texas Rangers beat the New York Yankees 4-3. He has had a terrific August. So far he is batting .357 with 3 home runs and 9 RBIs. Keep it up Murph! And Go Rangers!!

Me and David Murphy at the Rangers Fanfest back in January.


For anyone who cares to watch the game winning hit, you can go to the Rangers website here. Someone also uploaded the last inning and the post game interview to Youtube (knowing MLB, they will probably take it down, but here it is for now). 



Okay, enough of that. I'm moving on for my non baseball obsessed readers. :) So, I'm excited about tonight's episode of Psych (seriously, if you have never seen this show, check it out. It's HILARIOUS!) I **heart** Shawn and Gus. Tonight's special guest star is Adam Rodriguez, who plays Eric Delko on CSI: Miami (remember, I have this unhealthy obsession with crime shows. I watch all the CSIs). He was also in Tyler Perry's movie I Can Do Bad All By Myself (great movie!) 

Adam Rodriguez on Psych. Looks like he's playing a bad guy! ;) Picture courtesy of TV.com


Like I mentioned earlier, I'm going to Atlanta this weekend. Two of my friends and I are going on a "Girls Getaway Weekend". We are very excited. Our agenda includes going to a Braves game (and hopefully touring Turner Field and the Braves museum), and checking out the location of the original Chick Fil-A. If we have time, we might go by the Coca-Cola Museum (just don't tell the good people at Dr Pepper - I'm wanting to try and remain faithful to them). ;) One of my friends going is a big fan of Coca-Cola. We are flying out Friday afternoon and returning to the metroplex Monday afternoon. If you wouldn't mind praying for me on Friday (and Monday), I'd appreciate it. I don't fly well (if you recall, I've only flown three other times in my life). My friends have promised to either hold my hand or buy me a drink to calm me down! ;) I'm taking my iPod and a book to pass the time. I think it's just a two hour flight from DFW to Atlanta so I should be okay.

An old picture of me (notice the blonde hair) wearing a Dr Pepper shirt. Just felt like posting it. Gosh, I was really skinny back then! This was taken at Carlsbad Caverns in 2003.

Happy middle of the work week everyone! Have a great day!!

6 comments:

  1. The Girls Getaway Weekends so fantastic! Atlanta will be a fun place to visit! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psych is one of my FAVORITE shows! We look forward to it every week and laugh our butts off - Shawn and Gus are two of the funniest, quirkiest characters out there, and they way they feed off of each other is just great!!!

    Have a great time on your trip. Don't worry about Dr. P, I'll cover for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo:) your too cute and that view is spectacular. I look at old photos and say that too...why do we have to gain weight...can't life be simple, pretty and sweet:)...have fun..I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my post last night. Every time I read your blog, I think...we'd be good friends if we even lived in the same state! :) Have fun in Hot-lanta this weekend...I hope it's more fun than my one & only trip there...went with our Youth to a conference...we broke down in the church bus in the not so nice part of town...it was a little nerve-racking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I was so bummed about that game last night. Glad you enjoyed it though.

    2. I'm super excited about the new Psych episode tonight! I didn't know Adam Rodriguez was going to be on it! Dule Hill AND Adam Rodriguez? Holy cow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Murph is really an unsung hero, is he not?
    I've kept my eye on him this year and I love his poise. He's got his act together and is one of the most consistent players on the team.

    Not that I don't love me some Elvis, as frustrating as he can be as a base runner, I love watching him play defense.

    And then there is Michael.

    I could go on and on.

    Enjoy Hotlanta! Love me some Georgia too.

    ReplyDelete