Friday, August 27, 2010

TGIF!!!!

Happy Friday my friends! Are you as tired as I am? It's been a long week. I really shouldn't complain. I brought it upon myself. One of these days I'll realize I'm probably no longer young enough to stay out late every night and then be able to function on 5 or 6 hours of sleep the next day. **sigh** And yes, you probably have guessed that it's Rangers related. :) What can I say? I'm a fan! I realized when I was at the game on Monday it was the first Rangers game I had been to since July 23. I KNOW! I can't believe I went A MONTH without going to a game. Granted, they had a pretty long road trip mixed up in that (and also I went to Atlanta on vacation), but still. It seems like I was going at least once a week or every other week for a while. I made up for it  this week though. I went Monday night, Tuesday night, last night and I'm going tomorrow night as well. Well, I'm actually going tomorrow for the Mercy Me pre-game concert, but I'll stay for the game as well! :) (For the inquiring minds that want to know why I haven't gone to a game every night, Wednesday night I had dinner with friends at this WONDERFUL Brazilian steakhouse and tonight some friends and I are having a "Girl's Night Out" and going to dinner then we are going to see the new movie Takers.) I know Paul Walker isn't the greatest actor out there, but he's nice to look at! ;)

Last night we had fun at the game (despite the loss- but they did make a good attempt to come back. We still took three out of four from the Twins, I won't complain). Like I mentioned yesterday, it was my friend Monica's birthday. It was also Elvis Andrus' birthday (he's the Rangers shortstop). I was off work early yesterday and made signs for us (I hadn't made a sign to hold at a baseball game since I was 17). I made one for me that said "Happy Birthday Elvis" and I made one for Monica that said "It's my birthday too!" I think she was a little hesitant at first to hold it up, but she did (I may or may not have had to twist her arm a bit).

Our signs- they were shown on TV!

As my faithful readers know, I'm good at sneaking down closer during the game (I wait until the 5th inning. I figure if you aren't there by the 5th inning, you aren't showing up. Why let a perfectly good close seat go to waste?) We were able to get about 7 rows back from the field (if you are a Rangers fan, we were 7 rows right behind Rangers owners Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan). We were pretty close to the on deck circle and the next time Elvis was up to bat, Monica and I yelled at him. I never thought he would hear us, but he looked over at us. We held up our signs and he smiled and gave us "the nod". Everyone around us said it was pretty cool he saw the signs. That's what I love about baseball games, you make new friends every game you go to! :)

A view from our new seats. The birthday boy Elvis up to bat, Michael Young waiting on deck.

Sorry for rambling, almost done, I promise. Anyways, towards the end of the game, a foul ball was thrown into the stands by the bat boy. The security guard in our row caught it (he's actually the security guard "protecting" Chuck and Nolan). He was trying to find someone to give it to, so I started pointing at Monica. I was like, it's her birthday. He saw her sign and gave it to her. Wahoo!! I told her that was part of my present to her since I made the sign. She laughed! :)

Foul ball!


Okay, I'm done with baseball talk for today!! :) Before I get to my answers for Five Question Friday,  I have a few friends that need your vote for their videos (thankfully they are for two different contests!) Mama M. over at My Little Life (our gracious Five Question Friday hostess) entered a contest for Tasteful Selections. If you could please visit her Youtube video here and click "like", that will help her out tremendously! Voting for her contest ends today!! Please pass the link along to your friends and bloggers! :) FYI, in order to "like" a video on Youtube, you have to have a Youtube account. It's free and only takes about 10 seconds to sign up. Okay, maybe 20 seconds.

Second, my friend Lauren entered a video in the Taylor Morrison's Homemade Memories contest. If you go to the site here, her video is on week two. Please watch and vote! If you enter your vote, you are eligible to be put in a drawing for a prize as well! Information is on the website.

Thank you friends for your help, I know Mama M. and Lauren appreciate it!!

Now, onto my answers!

1. How many pets do you have?
At this time, I don't have a pet. I'm hoping to one day have a house and I plan to get a dog or two then. I love pugs, so I want one of those. I have recently developed a love for bulldogs so I think I want one of those too!

Cute bulldog video!

2. If you could switch places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?
Wow, I've always heard you don't know what it's like to be someone until you walk around in their shoes for a day. I would say some famous actress or singer, just to see what the "luxury life" is really like. Even though it sounds all wonderful, I bet there are times they wish they were just an "average every day person". If I had to pick an actress, I would pick the one playing Shemar Moore's love interest in either his TV show or a movie! ;)

3. What is your favorite money saving tip?
Don't go to Kohl's just because you have a coupon!! :) In my head I'm thinking, "well, they destroyed a poor tree to create this coupon. I owe it to that poor tree to at least go to Kohl's and check it out." I know, a terrible reason to go shopping. But that is how my brain works (are you really surprised??) :)

4. What do you want your kids to be when they grow up?
Well, I don't have kids yet, but I think when I do I will want them to be whatever they want to be. I don't want them living out my dreams, I want them to live their own. But if they could be something that makes a lot of money so they could take care of me in my old age, that would be lovely! ;)

5. What is your favorite quote?
I have two that I really like.
"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa
"Pick the day. Enjoy it-to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come. The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present- and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future." -Audrey Hepburn

Have a great weekend friends!! If you are a new follower, please leave your site address in a comment below! I'd love to follow back!! :)

New Friend Fridays








3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Rachel!!! I had to laugh at your Kohl's comment...I always feel like I have to use that dang coupon too...'cuz just think of the money I'm saving by using it!!! ;)

    Any way, I'm off to watch your friend's video! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! Loved the list... As far as Kohl's goes... I ONLY go if I have a coupon. :-) That store is dangerous for me though, coupon or not!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gotta tell you, Rachel, that when I was younger, I was an avid baseball fan myself. New York Yankees, San Francisco Giants, and Milwaukee Braves...yes, Milwaukee Braves!! And yes, that makes me older than Methuselah. BUT, my story is that when I went away to Bolivia for a year, my mom threw out my shoebox full of baseball cards. I may have told you this before?? that someone I know sold one of his baseball cards of 'my' era and bought a new pickup truck. Yep, true story. waaaaahh.

    Anyway, I get being a devoted fan. I was too. :-)

    ReplyDelete