Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday Laughter

I got to thinking recently (I know, it's a scary thought). Tuesdays are sort of the "red-headed stepchild" of the work week. Think about it. Who cares about Tuesdays? Mondays are talked about all the time (not always in a pleasant way, but still, I can guarantee you at least half of my friends will mention the fact it's Monday on their Facebook page). Wednesdays are noted as the "half-way mark" or "hump-day" of the week. On Thursdays people get excited because it means Friday is around the corner, and well, we all know that Fridays are talked about. So, I decided to dedicate my post to Tuesday by giving you some funnies to read.

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die. hehehe...I agree! Sadly the only thing my computer history will show is my obsession with ESPN, Texasrangers.com, Facebook, Twitter, my blog and YouTube. I live quite a boring life!

Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. You are smiling because you have been there too!

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. AMEN!! Can I recommend that we start up a mandatory siesta in the afternoon?

The Siesta by Vincent Van Gogh

There is great need for a sarcasm font. I agree. There are so many times when I get an email or text message from a friend, "Are you mad at me? Your last message sounded like you were mad." Honestly, if I was mad, I wouldn't be emailing or texting you!



How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? Thank you!! I tend to just roll mine up. Honestly, NO ONE is going to be seeing my sheets, so who cares if it's wrinkled, right? And after sleeping on it, it gets wrinkled anyways!

MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood. I always skip to direction 5 or 6 anyways!

I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired. Again, AMEN!


Bad decisions make good stories. I agree. Check out my blog post from Friday if you don't believe me!

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day. I refuse to answer on the grounds that my boss might read this! :)

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again. I still haven't given into the Blu-Ray craze yet. It's working out great for me. My friends are giving me their DVDs once they replace the movies with a Blu-Ray. Wahoo. Free movies for me!


"Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever. Thank you. I try not to buy anything with that on the label. I have a jacket that is "dry clean only" that I haven't worn in a year because I'm too lazy to find a dry cleaner!

I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Darn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away? I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to!

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste. That make me so mad. Especially when I'm having a good hair day! :)

I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call. I can do one better. I have DO NOT ANSWER in front of their name, that way I don't forget. ;)

I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay. hehehe....


I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in. I do this. And I live on the second floor so you should see me trying not to lose my balance on my steps while carrying them.

I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent some **jerk** from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters! Okay, driving in all the traffic that I do, I totally agree with this. I can tell when someone has honestly realized at the last minute they are in the wrong lane, and when someone just thinks they are better than everyone else and is trying to sneak up front. I don't think so!

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far. You know we've all been there! :)



As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists. I never thought about it until I read this, but it's true. I drive through downtown a lot and some pedestrians are just stupid. Okay people, it's very simple. The RED hand means STOP. The GREEN little man means GO. If you don't obey these rules, the girl in the BLACK truck will RUN over you. :)

Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time! So true!! I lose my keys on a daily basis and often misplace my cell phone, but man, I know EXACTLY where that snooze button is!!




Welcome everyone from Tuesday Tag-Along!! I hope you enjoy your visit!!

Tuesday Tag-Along

5 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm cracking up! I'm of course at work, knowing that I'm not going to be doing anything productive for the rest of the day too! LOL I love reading your blog!! Thanks for the laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, if you think you're tired now, wait til you have kids. that kind of tired NEVER goes away. and you don't get to sleep late on saturday to recover.

    my parents have "DO NOT ANSWER-LEANN" on BOTH of their cells, AND on a piece of paper above their house phone.

    I carry 10 bags of groceries, y giant purse, and my two year old up the stairs regularly. beat that. ;)

    LOVE YOU! when are we getting together???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from TTA! Love for you to come visit and follow me :)

    Have a great night!
    Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

    www.shelleysswag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome new followers!!

    Kristin: I'm glad you got a good laugh!! :)

    Kat: When are you coming to visit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just heard a great Pooh quote "You have to respect someone who can spell Tuesday, even if they spell it wrong."

    ReplyDelete