Friday, May 21, 2010

It's A Twister!

First of all, welcome everyone from The Girl Creative!

The Girl Creative

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before or not on my blog, but I'm a weather nerd (and this has nothing to do with my admiration of Greg Fields, the greatest meteorologist ever!) For as long as I can remember, I have had a fascination with thunderstorms and tornadoes. I love them (**note**: I DO NOT like that they cause damage/destruction/death though). Maybe the whole tornado fascination started with watching the Wizard of Oz when I was little. Is it sad the twister scene was one of my favorite parts? I know it was just a movie (and it wasn't real) but I can remember even at a young age wanting to know more about tornadoes. I used to read whatever magazines and books I could find, and  I also watched whatever specials might be on TV about them (long before the joys of the internet and YouTube).



At one point I even looked into studying meteorology and perhaps becoming a tornado chaser, but my lack of skills in math and science killed that career before it got started. FYI: I wanted to be a tornado chaser long before the movie Twister came out. To this day if tornadoes are reported in my area, I'll have a few friends call me, just to be sure I'm not out trying to chase it. I might try it one day (I have a few friends willing to go with me), but for now I'll stick to watching videos online. If you are interested in tornadoes as well, I've posted some videos below.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!!
















0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment