Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge- Day 7 & Tasty Tuesday



Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge


Day 7: Fall Recipes

Okay, y'all are out of luck since I don't really cook or bake. BUT, I do have a recipe to share. It's not necessarily a "fall" dish, but it's one I made a while back. Yes, I actually cooked. I know, I was shocked too (so was my family!) And yes, I had to buy a casserole dish because I didn't own one! ;) I'd like to think that I'm officially a Baptist now that I've made a casserole! ;)

Tuna Casserole 
(this is my mom's recipe, which she got from her sister). It's the only time I'll eat tuna OR green peas! ;)

-1 box macaroni and cheese dinner
-1/2 cup milk
-1 six oz can of tuna 
-1 can of green peas
-1 can cream of mushroom soup*
-several slices of cheese
*optional- I didn't use the cream of mushroom soup and it turned out fine


Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed on the box. 


Stir in milk and soup*. Gently stir in peas and tuna. 
*again, cream of mushroom soup is optional


Heat and pour into casserole dish. Put cheese slices on top. 


Heat in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted. Serves 4-6.


Linking up this recipe for the gals over at For the Love of Blogs and Tasty Tuesday! Check them out for other great recipes! :)




Hope everyone has a great day!

XOXO!

4 comments:

  1. There's much too much cheese in this for me. But yay for you cooking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of peas or Tuna, but you cracked me up with that Baptist comment- they say the same thing about Mormons, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks great! I just had a tuna casserole tonight without the macaroni. I'm following from Tasty Tuesday. Thanks for the recipe!
    http://myp90xjourney55.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of tuna or peas either, but this looks kinda good :)

    ReplyDelete