For my Thursday Thirteen I thought I would list 13 of my favorite artists (as in painters, not musical!) ;)
1. Vincent Van Gogh: Vincent is definitely near the top of the list of my favorite artists (if not my favorite). I starting liking him back when I was about 12 or 13. There was a movie called Vincent and Me (it was a French movie called Vincent et moi, but the Disney Channel dubbed it into English.) It was about a young painter who encounters the ghost of Vincent Van Gogh.
Me at the MOMA in New York back in 2007, standing by my favorite Van Gogh painting, Starry Night
2. Claude Monet: Another one of my favorite artists. Actually, he and Vincent might be tied for first place on my list!
Me at the MOMA, standing by Monet's Agapanthus
3. Pierre-Auguste Renoir
Bal au moulin de la Galette
4. Edvard Munch: Even if you don't know him by name, you will probably recognize one of his more famous paintings.
5. Paul Cèzanne
Still Life With Apples and Oranges
6. Georges Seurat:
Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte
7. Norman Rockwell: My dad had a lot magazines and books about Norman Rockwell while I was growing up. These are two of my favorite (for obvious reasons). The Rookie (left) and Bottom of the Sixth (right).
8. Èdouard Manet
Garden Path in Rueil
9. Georgia O'Keeffe: I visited her museum when I went to Santa Fe back in 2003. I really enjoyed her artwork!
Ram's Head White Hollyhock and Little Hills
10. Andy Warhol
Me at the MOMA by Warhol's Campbell Soup Cans
11. Edgar Degas:
The Cotton Exchange at New Orleans
12. J.M.W. Turner: The Dallas Art Museum had a special exhibit of his artwork a few years ago.
Wrecker's Coast of Northumberland
13. Henri Matisse:
Vase of Sunflowers