Friday, July 2, 2010

Let the long weekend begin!

I can't tell you how excited I am to have a four day weekend. I started it today by sleeping in this morning. I think I finally caught up on all the sleep I missed LAST week! :)

It's Five Question Friday time! In case I don't get to post again before then, I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL and SAFE Fourth of July weekend!!

1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood?
I miss the "carefree lifestyle" that kids had back when I was younger (oh yes, the whole 'back when I was your age" speech). I miss the days when I could walk to my best friend's house and we would hang out all day (she now lives 4 hours away, we only see each other a few times a year). I miss the days when my biggest worry was if I was going to be able to find a ride to the swimming pool or library (oh yes, my nerdom strikes again!) I miss not having to worry about money or responsibilities.

2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school?
I'm still friends with some of them. With the invention of Facebook, I'm in touch with more people from high school than I probably would have been if there weren't social networking websites.

3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it?
I dated a guy that would always say, "It is what it is." That phrase drives me insane! 

4. What is the one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides Old Glory?
I would say Freedom.

5. What are your 4th of July plans?
I have a niece and nephew coming into town today. We are going to a Rangers game  tonight (I know, imagine that), and we are going to see the new Twilight movie Eclipse (yes, I saw it last night, but they want to see it, so I'm going again. I'm an awesome aunt!) My review of the movie will be posted next week! Tomorrow night I have plans to go out with friends then on the actual 4th of July I am going to two different 4th of July parties. I have Monday off work and I plan to do nothing all day except watch movies! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!

:)

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 02, 2010

    Following you from Friendly Friday Follow! My blog is http://www.healthylifejourney.com/ if you want to check it out!

    Sounds like you have a great weekend planned!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle I saw you on New Friend Friday; I am Cristina your new follower. Have a great 4th of July weekend and hope you stop by my blog as well. :) Peace

    http://cristinalaloca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed your weekend...esp the family and ECLIPSE!! I want to see it again, too! :)

    ReplyDelete