Friday, July 16, 2010

The weekend is in sight!

TGIF my friends!! We have survived yet another work week!! It's Five Question Friday time. I hope you enjoy!

1. Do you collect anything? 
Yes. I think I've mentioned before that I collect baseball cards and sport memorabilia. I know I have at least 3,000 baseball cards, if not more. I'm in the process of cataloging them. It's taking a lot longer than I thought it would (once I'm done, I'll have a final count of how many I own). I also collect shot glasses and magnets (the magnet collection is new, just started that a few years ago).


2. Name 3 celebrities that you find good looking. 
ONLY THREE?? This is going to be hard. **thinking....thinking...** I think I'll have to go with Chris Evans, Adam Rodriguez and Paul Walker. There are MANY more, but these are the three that come to mind right now. Again, I'm going based on their looks, and not the quality of movies they choose to be in. ;) (what can I say, I'm shallow!) ;)


Chris Evans: He starred in the Fantastic Four movies as Johnny Storm and has also been in movies such as Cellular, Push, Street Kings and The Losers.


Adam Rodriguez: Best known as Eric Delko on the CBS show CSI: Miami. He also recently appeared in the Tyler Perry movie, I Can Do Bad All by Myself (great movie!) For all you old schoolers out there, you might remember him as Jesse on the TV show Roswell (as Katherine Heigl's love interest).




Paul Walker: Best known for his role in the Fast and Furious movies (they have another one coming out next year). He also appeared in a few of those "teen movies" that came out in the late 90s such as Varsity Blues and She's All That. He has a new one called Takers coming out next month. Who's with me to see it?



3. Do you have any scars? If so, what's the story behind it (them?)? 
I have two that I can think of. I have one on my left knee that I got when I was like 7 or 8. My driveway had a slope and I was trying to ride my skateboard down it. I fell off and skinned up my knee. To this day you can still see the scar. I also have one near my shoulder from where I got shot a few years ago.....I'm just kidding. I actually had a cyst removed, BUT when people see it and ask, I tell them the bullet wound story, it's much more interesting. And it kinda looks like it could be a bullet wound.



4. What is a food that you like to eat, but others might think it's gross or weird? 
I like carrots and peanut butter (some people like Ranch dressing to dip them in, I like peanut butter). Some people find that gross, it's actually not. I also like peanut butter on pancakes (instead of butter). My whole family does that though. The first time I had pancakes outside of my house and asked for peanut butter, everyone looked at me like I was crazy.


5. Have you ever seen a tornado in real life?
Yes. A few months ago you might remember me talking about how I wanted to be a tornado chaser at one time. About 8 or 9 years ago I was working as a sports editor for a newspaper. I had been up at the office working late and the radio broke in that there was a tornado warning one county over from where I was at. Since my office was nothing but windows (with no safe place to go to), I decided to drive home. At one point I looked in my rear view mirror and in the distance I could see the tornado. If I hadn't been driving a Dodge Neon, I might have contemplated chasing it. But let's face it, Neon's are death traps WITHOUT the tornado! :) At least in my opinion!



Have a great weekend my friends!!

:)

11 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some very unusual answers! I've never met anyone, especially a lady, who collected baseball cards OR who chased tornadoes. :0) However, I think it is very cool. I {{heart}} football and most women don't. Oh, and I have a Dodge Neon and I know exactly what you mean.

    Hi, I'm stopping by from New Friend Friday. I wanted to say hello and share some comment lo♥e.

    It seems we do have a good bit in common, so I just became your newest Follower. I would really like it if you would take a minute to check out my blog and follow me, too, if you like what you see.

    I hope you have a really wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,

    Teresa <><

    ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen "Jesse" in a long time - I was a huge Rosewell fan. I don't watch CSI!
    Great answers. I'll have to try the peanut butter on my waffles that sounded good.
    Stopping by from 5QF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love carrots and peanut butter :)

    Oh my gosh, I can't imagine seeing a tornado like that. I've never seen one in "real life", and I'm pretty sure that if I did I would have a heart attack.

    Stephanie
    http://www.dirtandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Adam, but I know him best from Ugly Betty :)
    My sister and I used to put peanut butter on our pancakes and waffles too but I haven't done that in such a long time! I should introduce my three year old to that taste sensation because she doesn't seem to like butter or syrup on hers but she is a peanut butter lover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stopping by from New Friend Friday, and first things first: your header is adorable! I too am a Paul WAlker fan, and if I lived in your area, we'd so be friends and so go see his new movie together. :) Happy Friday!
    -McCall

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 16, 2010

    Visiting from Friday Follow at Trendy Treehouse! Love the blog and I am your newest follower! :)

    Come take a look around

    http://www.wannabelawyergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that the tornado that you saw or just a random one!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from NFF. I love the verse on your banner-Jeremiah 29:11.

    ReplyDelete
  9. found you from follow friday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adam Rodriguez? Yes, please!

    I gave your blog an award! http://wordsbykatie.blogspot.com/2010/07/blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I am a new follower from Tag-Along Tuesday, so glad to have found your blog. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Eloise
    Mommy2TwoGirls
    http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete