For my Thursday Thirteen I thought I would list some of my favorite, "You Know You're From Texas When" sayings.
1. You can say 110 degrees without fainting.
2. You discover that in July it takes only two fingers to drive your car.
3. You know the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
4. You break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m. before work.
5. It's so hot the birds have to use pot holders to pull worms out of the ground.
6. You've been trick-or-treating when it was 90 degrees outside.
7. People grumble about Noah letting coyotes on the ark.
8. When it rains, everyone is smiling.
9. People wonder when Jesus fed the 5,000, whether the two fish were bass or catfish.
10. It's a common misconception that everything is twice as big in Texas. Really, everything is 1.965 times bigger, but we round up.
11. It's a common misconception that the women have big hair. In fact this was outlawed in July 1977. There is a task force and they are doing their best to reach every last woman. Bear with us.
12. It's a common misconception that J.R. Ewing still lives here. That was a TV show people! Come on! Chuck Norris, on the other hand, is a real, karate-choppin' Texas Ranger.
13. It's a common misconception that everyone speaks with a Texas accent. Y'all just don't know what y'all are talkin' about! :)