13 Random Things About My Week (in no particular order)
1. At 5pm last night they finally fixed the AC in my apartment (despite telling me it was done at 9am yesterday morning. I'm letting it slide, this time. Next time I will unleash the wrath of Rachel!) It took a few hours for it to finally feel comfortable. I went to Subway for almost 2 hours and read while it was cooling down. It was 90 degrees in there when I got home. This morning it was finally about 75.
Sorry so blurry. The left is when I got home yesterday. The right is when I left this morning.
2. The past few weeks (okay, maybe a month or two) I've been having that feeling of, "Are you there God? It's me, Rachel?" again. I got this email from my sister yesterday. It was one of those, "Oh good gosh, I so needed to read that!" And yes, I just said "good gosh"! ;) Why do I ever doubt God? Why do I ever question His ways? One of these days I'll learn.
3. I'm very excited that Michael Young of the Texas Rangers got his 1,748th hit last night. He passed Pudge Rodriguez's record of 1,747 hits as a Texas Ranger. Young is now the All Time Hit Leader for the Rangers. And the best part about the hit is that it scored two runs, helping the Rangers with a 6-3 win over the Marlins. That is four wins in a row (on the road) for the Rangers.
Michael Young's at bat (photo courtesy of the AP)
Michael Young in a post game interview (courtesy of Fox 4 Dallas)
4. My sweet friends Steve and Linda gave me my birthday present this past week. It was a "Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock" shirt.
The game has been around for a while, but we learned about it on the CBS show, The Big Bang Theory.
5. I started re-reading Eclipse this week (that's the third book in the Twilight series). It's been well over a year and a half since I read it, and with the movie coming out June 30, I want it to be fresh in my mind. I know, I'm a nerd. I can already tell by some of the previews that that they have changed it up a bit.
6. I just realized I haven't been to Chick Fil A in almost 2 weeks. I think that is a new record. I might have to go there today. I'm starting to go through withdrawals! I can feel my eye twitching as I type this!!
Chick Fil-A milkshake: Manna from heaven
7. I got my dad a really cool Father's Day gift. Since he sometimes reads my blog, I won't post about it until after Sunday. I'm excited about going to my folks tomorrow and seeing my family. It will be the last time I get to go "home" for a while. July and August are pretty busy months for me at work and I can't get away.
8. I won tickets for my company's suite at The Ballpark. The suite is nice. There is all you can eat hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn and soda. There is an inside section that is air conditioned and there is an outside section too.
9. I started watching Season 1 of Chuck this week on DVD. So far I like it (I have a newly found
love admiration nerd crush on Zachary Levi). He is absolutely adorable, especially in interviews. And he has that goofy, dorky quality that I seem to like in guys! ;)
10. As I've posted before, I played soccer in high school. Now, I haven't been watching every single game for the FIFA World Cup 2010, but I am looking forward to the final match-up. I'll be honest, the soccer playoff system confuses the snot out of me. The point system, the groups, etc, I don't understand it. But, I found this really cute picture I wanted to share it! Everyone has World Cup fever!
11. I just saw on my uncle's Facebook page that Blue Bell ice cream is on sale at Kroger. Pints are $1 each!! That just made my week a little bit better!
12. I finally drove by where Texas Stadium used to be (I know, it's been gone a while, but I haven't had any reason to go over there until this past week).
Yes, I took this out my truck window. But I was watching the road and just aiming my phone (one reason it's kinda off centered).
13. After a four month hiatus, I finally started working out again. I didn't go to my office gym, but I worked out in the "mini" gym we have at my complex. I was very frustrated about my AC situation when I got home yesterday, so I used that energy to work out (probably not the smartest move to get even hotter when my AC was broken). But after a 45 minute workout, I went to Subway, had a turkey sandwich and read Eclipse for almost two hours. Not a bad way to spend my evening.