Monday, June 14, 2010

It's just another manic Monday...

I honestly could have used one more day to my weekend, but it's what I get for being such a social butterfly. In all seriousness, I had a great weekend. Friday night I met up with some friends I used to work with (at "the evil place"). I hadn't seen one of them in over two years, so it was great to catch up. After that I watched a movie with a friend of mine (we saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past). It wasn't all that great, but it was worth the $1 we paid at the RedBox DVD Rental station to see Matthew McConaughey shirtless. ;) After the movie we made shirts for the Twilight party I had on Saturday night (yes, you read that correctly). It's fun to be silly (if you haven't noticed, I can be silly a lot!) Here is the shirt I made (for those of you not familiar with the books or movies, there is a character named Jasper Hale, he's one of the vampires). I think he's adorable (despite his bad hair in the movies). Forget Team Edward or Team Jacob, it's Team Jasper, FTW!) ;)


Saturday afternoon some friends and I went to see the musical Wicked. It was my second time to see it (it was in town a few years ago). I LOVE it. You honestly will never look at The Wizard of Oz the same way again after seeing it. 

 
 My view of the stage (sorry it's blurry, you aren't supposed to take pictures in the theater)

After Wicked, a group of us met at my apartment and watched Twilight and New Moon (the third movie, Eclipse, comes out June 30). A few people there had never seen the movies, and were slightly curious to see what they were all about. The best part of it was the "additional commentary" provided by some of my friends (sorry, can't post most of those comments here! I run a family friendly blog!) ;) Like I've stated before, I don't think these are the greatest movies ever made, but they provide entertainment. Again, if I was 15 years old, they would be "like, the best movies EVER". But I'm not!


The Twilight watchers. 

Sunday I went to see The A-Team movie. I liked it (and not just because Bradley Cooper was in it). ;) I thought the guy who played Murdock was HILARIOUS! If you haven't seen it, be sure that you stay through the credits (there is an extra scene at the end). It was a little more violent than the TV show was, but it still had some comedy, and of course, our favorite one liners. "I love it when a plan comes together!"

2 comments:

  1. Matthew McConaughey shirtless: yes, please.

    Bradley Cooper: Um you betcha!

    Two of the best reasons to watch either of those movies!

    I saw Wicked two years ago in LA. It was a lot of fun, a great production!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to go see the A-Team! I'm sure it was good fun. Wicked is coming here too, and I want to go but I have so much going on in the next few weeks... EEK!

    Jasper is indeed awesome.. did you read the new book that just came out? It's only 170 pages.. a super fast read, and it's pretty godo!

    ReplyDelete