Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday 13- Random Style

I honestly couldn't think of a specific topic for my Thursday 13 post, so I decided to just let it be random thoughts (I know, kinda scary, huh?) :)


1. After watching Criminal Minds last night, I think I like Dean Cain better as Clark Kent/Superman in Lois and Clark than as a psychotic killer (although he was a good looking psychotic killer). 


2. I have a new Netflix addiction- I've started watching Supernatural. It was a show I figured I would like (you know me, I like stuff like that), but I just never watched it (or I would forget to watch it). I'm still on season 1, but so far I like it, and I hear it gets better as the show goes on. And let's face it, Jensen Ackles is nice to look at. ;) For those who don't know, it's a drama, not reality show.

Hello Jensen...
3. I'm very excited that a sweet friend helped me out with buying my awesome new Rangers purse! Thanks again friend, I LOVE it!! :)


4. I am happy that the IT department finally replaced my keyboard. Some of the letters were coming off of my old one. My new keyboard is spiffy. Yes I said spiffy. And yes it was about a computer keyboard.

 My old keyboard. The C and N letters were completely gone and the E S D M and F letters were almost gone.
My new keyboard. How pathetic is my life that I'm blogging about computer keyboards?
5. After last week with temperatures in the 70s, winter has decided to make an appearance and it's going to be cold this weekend (I blame the groundhog, he saw his shadow!) Thankfully it will just be a for a few days, it should warm back up next week. As they say, if you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait, it will change! :)



6. Did anyone else ever think it was funny that Clint Black had a song called "Killin' Time" and one called "No Time to Kill"?

7. I'm pretty sure this will be my next Rangers merchandise purchase.


8. For the past 10 months the guy in my carpool (side note: poor man- he's has to carpool with three women every day) has been wanting to stop for dinner at this Corny Dog place in downtown Dallas. We told him we would stop one day for him but have never had a chance. This past week we noticed this as we drove by it:
Closed due to an asbestos hazard. SO GLAD we never ate there!
9. I'm pretty excited that my hair is now finally long enough to pull back into a ponytail WITHOUT having to use bobby pins or clips (yes, it seems the little things in life make me happy). For those who are new to my blog, last summer I cut off almost 10 inches of my hair to donate to Pink Heart Funds (click here for post).

10. Even though I'm happy for my nephew and his family on moving to Hawaii, I'm going to miss them terribly! BUT, at least I have a place to stay when I go to Hawaii! ;) He and his family were in town last weekend so I got to see them one last time before they moved.

Me and my nephew Greg (who is 2 years older than me) and his kids B and G.
Me and Greg's lovely wife Jenn!
11. In the past 2 weeks I have been to Half Price Books three times. I have an addiction. BUT, thanks to gift cards from Christmas, I didn't spend any of my money. Woo-hoo!

12. I'm seriously going to take a day off work and do nothing but watch stuff on my DVR. I only have like 15% free. I know, that's just sad. What is really sad is that it has movies that I like on it, but I'm too cheap to just go and buy the DVDs. Don't judge. ;)

13. Last Saturday I went to a fantastic Girls Night Out with some friends. We spent the evening walking around the Galleria in Dallas. I felt the need to have an Audrey Hepburn moment and try on hats. I think she pulled it off better than me! :)


We have almost survived another week!! Hang in there friends!!

XOXO!

4 comments:

  1. Oh...I've been wanting a snow day to do nothing but watch DVR'd stuff & Netflix...keeping my fingers crossed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the weather cartoon and your keyboard looks fine. Thanks for sharing.

    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2012/02/celebration-of-love-and-loversthirteen.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I checked my DVR last night when I got home and realized I need to do some serious clearing. Loved Lois and Clark and Dean Cain is nice on the eyes. Funny how all your favorite TV shows have hot guys in them. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a new keyboard too. My s and c have worn off. You'd think it would be... oh, actually the e is part gone too.

    ReplyDelete