Friday, February 17, 2012

Book Club Friday

I found this blog hop and decided to link up today! If you want to check out other book reviews, hop on over to Blonde...Undercover Blonde.




As you know, I love to read. I recently starting reading a trilogy so I thought I would review book one of that series. 


First of all, NO, not Heather Graham the actress. The author and actress are two totally different people. I discovered this author thanks to my friend Martha, who let me borrow one of her books a few years ago. Her style is a range of mystery/suspense to supernatural/paranormal to romance (and sometimes a mixture of all of those).

Ghost Shadow is the first book in The Bone Island trilogy series. Heather's books are usually a fast, fun read, and if you have a whole day to do nothing, you can easily read one in less than a day. This book was no exception. I think I read it in two days (I started it late one night and finished it the next day).

Here is the synopsis:
There are those who walk among us who are no longer alive, but not yet crossed over. They seek retribution...vengeance...to warn. Among the living, few intuit their presence. 

Katie O'Hara is one who can.

As she's drawn deeper and deeper into a gruesome years-old murder, whispered warnings from a spectral friend become more and more insistent. But Katie must uncover the truth: could David Beckett really be guilty of his fiancee's murder?

Worse- the body count's rising on the Island of Bones, and the dead seem to be reenacting some macabre tableaux from history. The danger is increasing by the moment- especially as Katie finds herself drawn to David, who may be responsible for more than one killing.

My Thoughts:
Ever since I was little, I've enjoy stories about ghosts. And I love murder mysteries (this explains my crime show addiction). This is a mixture of both and I think Heather Graham did a good job with it. I really liked the main character in this book- Katie is a very strong-willed person. I liked her immediately. I also liked Bartholomew (if you read the book, you'll know who he is). There were a few subplots, but I feel that it was written in such a way that it didn't distract from the main plot of the story. The ending surprised me a little (when I read mysteries I tend to try and solve it myself, sometimes I succeed, but not this time) but it was a good ending. I would recommend it to anyone who likes paranormal mystery books. It's a fun read.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! XOXO!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good series! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mysteries!! This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting! We always loved the 'Ghosts of...' stories (London, Gettysburg, etc.) :-)

    ReplyDelete