Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday 13: Cary Grant style

Wow, it's been a LONG time since I've done a Thursday 13 list. I thought since yesterday was Cary Grant's birthday I would post clips from 13 Cary Grant films. For information about the movie, just click on the title. Author's note: Well, if he was alive it would have been his birthday yesterday. And he would have been 108. Knowing him, he probably would look good at 108! What a looker he was! :)

 
Before I get started on my list, here are some fun Cary Grant facts:
-He was born on January 18, 1904 under the name Archibald Alexander Leach. He was given the name Cary Grant by Paramount Studios when he started his film career.
-Out of the 75 characters he portrayed, not one of them was a villain. 
-He was a big baseball fan- supporting the New York Giants (before their move to San Francisco in 1958) and later the Los Angeles Dodgers.
-He turns down roles opposite Audrey Hepburn in both Roman Holiday and Sabrina. He later starred in the movie Charade with her
-He was a fan of Elvis Presley.












Hope everyone has a great day! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel- it's the weekend! It's almost here!!

XOXO!

8 comments:

  1. I ADORE Cary Grant!!!
    I have blogged about him and have a GQ magazine cover on my side bar.
    My favorite Cary Grant movies are That Touch of Mink and Operation Petticoat.
    I agree... he'd be very handsome at 108!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bringing up Baby and The Philadelphia Story!! So funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bringing Up Baby and the Bishop's Wife are two of my favorite movies! I haven't seen a Cary Grant movie that I didn't like though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I haven't seen a Cary Grant movie in a long time. Thanks.

    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2012/01/ask-editor.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. We drag out Arsenic and Old Lace every now and then. Love that movie and him in it! Who's the girl who plays opposite him in that? I don't recall seeing her in other movies, but then I'm not a huge movie buff (unless it's British, I guess).

    Just hope that light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train, Rachel. ;-)♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm enjoying your random blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really ashamed to say I haven't watched a single one of these...I will work on it because I am sure they are all fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's your favorite Cary Grant movie? I love a lot of them, but A Touch of Mink might be my favorite as I love Doris Day as well.

    ReplyDelete