If you follow me on Twitter, you might have noticed I wasn't having the best day yesterday. It was just one of those days at work. Don't get me wrong. I like my job, I work for a great company (and it's 1000 times better than the "evil place" that is AHFC, where I used to work), but yesterday was not one of my better days. Do you mind if I vent for just a few minutes? Really, you don't?? Aw, thanks! :)
First of all, I have to vent about meetings. We have entirely TOO MANY meetings around here. The meeting I had yesterday morning could probably have gotten terrorists to confess and turn themselves in. I was ready to start confessing stuff just to get out of it. Think about the ways they torture prisoners of war to get them to talk- this meeting would have had them spilling country secrets left and right. Oh no, I'm very serious!
So, that meeting ended not long before lunch. After lunch, I had two more meetings to go to. The first one wasn't that bad, but the second one was pointless. We didn't get anything accomplished in the hour (plus) we were in there. So, I basically spent half of my day in meetings and was greeted with 49 emails in my inbox when I finally got back to my desk- at 4:00. I leave at 5:00.
I've mentioned over the past few weeks that my office was closed due to "inclement weather" in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Because the office was closed for 5 days over a span of two weeks, we are behind on a lot of our projects. My job is to basically keep everyone "on their toes" and make sure projects get completed on time. I keep track of where each job is, who has it, when it's due, who needs to see it, etc. Think of me as a hall monitor, or the kid the teacher leaves in charge of the class when she leaves the room- basically, I tattle when people are late on their projects (yes, I am paid to tattle. My siblings can't believe it either!) :) Because we were closed so much, pretty much all of our projects are running late. So, when people complain that they are working on 10 projects and are overwhelmed, I remind them that I have 996 projects that I'm keeping up with and am responsible for (that's not an exaggeration, I just ran a report and that is how many projects we have right now). That usually shuts them up. Since everyone is behind on their work, they are a little "antsy" these days (that was the nicest word I could say on my family friendly blog). They feel that their project "is the most important" so I should help them first (and honestly 7 out of 10 times it's something they could have done themselves, they just don't want to because they are lazy- but that is a venting for another day). I try and remind them that I have 20 other people saying their project is "the most important" so they need to get in line. It gets ugly. People get ugly. I've really tried to have the upbeat, positive, "Pollyanna" attitude (you know, the kind of nice that is almost sickening), but yesterday I had it. No more Miss Nice Gal. I lost it. It got so bad I needed a Chick Fil-A chocolate milkshake (I don't think I'll ever be able to stick to my no fast food diet). I also needed a hug. One of my sweet friends on Twitter sent me a virtual hug, so that was nice! :)
Okay, I'm done for now! Thanks for letting me vent. I was just finishing up my venting for the day when I got a message from my sweet friend Bobbi over at DAT's so Cute. She has given me two awards. You are so awesome girl!! :)
The rules are to thank the person who gave you the award, share 7 facts about yourself and then pass the award on to other deserving blogs.
Again, THANK YOU Bobbi!! You made my day! I love your blog posts and tweeting with you! You are a sweet friend!! :) FYI friends, go check out her blog here!!
I think I've told y'all everything about myself. Let me see if I can think of anything new.....
1. I really don't like it when people say "wow, you are really tall for a girl." I'm 5'8, I don't consider that "unusually tall". I also don't like being told that I'm "too tall" to wear heels. I like my heels. Yes, some of them make me almost 6 feet tall, but oh well, deal with it! :)
2. The only time I usually eat soup is when I'm sick, and I'm very picky about what soup I eat (yes, yes, I'm a picky eater, I'm sorry!) :) I don't like really thick soups, I'm happy with a cup of Ramen!
3. My hair is naturally curly, but I usually straighten it. I know, all of you with straight hair are going to say you would kill to have curly hair. No you wouldn't. You would straighten it too! :)
4. I cannot stand the game Monopoly. It's a long story, but it goes back to my childhood when I was forced to play it for hours on end. To this day, I refuse to play it.
5. I have giddy moments when famous people reply to me on Twitter (or retweet me).
6. I am on Twitter entirely too much!! BUT, feel free to follow me!! Go here.
7. When I was little I used to entertain myself by making faces in the mirror. I may or may not still do that. :)
Getting ready for Girls Night Out last weekend. I took a few pictures of me making faces. :) I'm such a nerd!
All of the blogs I follow are deserving of both of these awards, but I promised I would actually pick blogs out this time to award, so here I go! Click on the name to visit their blog- tell them I sent ya!! :)
We are halfway through the week beautiful friends! Have a good day!