Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Do You Believe in Miracles?

Sorry for another short post today. I promise to try and post more later this week, it's been kind of crazy around here. Today is the 31st anniversary of the game that coined the phrase, "Do you believe in miracles?". On Feb. 22, 1980, the Team USA hockey team defeated the Soviet Union in the 1980 Winter Olympics. If you don't know the story, go here for all the details. Laugh at me if you must, but I still get chills watching this video.


Yes, the Disney movie Miracle is based on this story!! :) I do find it fitting that I'm going to a hockey game tonight on the anniversary of this event. Go Stars, by the way! :)

XOXO sweet friends!

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time! Hope your week goes better too! ♥ BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an amazing game. Chills...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miracle is one of my all-time favorite movies! I don't think I had seen the real video though. So cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, not silly at all! I could get told that story over and over without being sick of it. And such a great movie with great music!

    ReplyDelete