I meant to post yesterday but I was too lazy to update my blog (sorry). For the third day in a row, I'm iced in my apartment. The streets and my apartment parking lot are an ice rink. It's "warmed" up to 17 degrees right now. BRRR!! Now they are saying it might snow tonight and tomorrow. Thankfully Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow yesterday, so that means an early spring (I hope). Seriously all of you who live up north and deal with this for months at a time, I applaud you. I can't handle it!! :) I think I'm developing cabin fever!
Phil- he's a cutie!
So, I'm a few days late doing this, but my friend Jessica over at Happily Ever After gave me an award! :)
There are a few duties to follow with winning the award.
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share some things about yourself
3. Share the award with other bloggers. (I am going to cheat and pass this award on to everyone I follow. You are all lovely people and are all deserving of this award! XOXO!! :)
1. Thanks Jessica! I really appreciate it! You are a doll!! :) Y'all should go check her blog out, it's great! She is so sweet!!
2. Share some things about yourself (it was only supposed to be 7 things but in honor of Thursday 13, I'm sharing 13 things). Okay, a lot of these are going to be repeats from previous posts, but if you are new to my blog, they will be new facts for you! :)
1. I am the daughter of a Heavenly King. I know I can get silly with the comments on my post, but I wanted to be serious for a moment. I am proud to say that I know and love Jesus Christ. I am grateful that He loves me and cares for me, even when I'm not deserving of it (which is a lot of the time!)
2. I don't like milk. Now chocolate milk I like (but it has to be made with Nesquik chocolate powder mix). And I can put milk on cereal, but I don't like the taste of regular, plain milk.
3. My favorite dwarf from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is Dopey (yes, this explains my whole "ear" obsession).
4. I have a bad case of stage fright. This surprises a lot of people because I am generally talkative and outgoing. But if you get me in front of a crowd, my knees start shaking and I usually feel like I'm going to throw up.
5. I am the great-aunt to four adorable great-nephews. Yes, I'm a great-aunt. I have nieces and nephews who are married and have kids, thus, making me a great-aunt. :)
6. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 11 years old.
7. I am a believer of True Loves Wait.
8. I'm on a "mission" to see all the major league baseball ballparks in America (and Canada). So far I've been to the Ballpark in Arlington (home of the Rangers- I know, duh), Minute Maid Park (home of the Houston Astros), Turner Field (home of the Atlanta Braves) and Yankee Stadium (well, the old one). I know, I have a ways to go!
9. I've been known to watch a Christmas movie in the middle of the summer (sometimes I just need to hear Bing Crosby sing!)
10. When I was in high school, the band Butt Hole Surfers (yes, that was their name) filmed a music video at my school, and I'm in it. I was a band nerd (more specifically, a color guard nerd), and we were in their video for the song Underdog. It was part of the album Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits. I believe the video aired on The Cartoon Network in 1995 or so. Here is the video. Seeing that this was filmed 16 years ago, I can't tell you exactly where I am, but the color guard wore white shirts in the video.
11. I usually fall asleep with my TV on (it's set on a timer to go off after about an hour or so). I like having the low "background noise" when I fall asleep. And I'm not a fan of being in the complete dark. The "flickering" light helps me get to sleep. Please don't make fun of me! :)
12. I never learned to parallel park in Driver's Ed. Okay, if you have ever ridden with me, this is no surprise to you. On the last day of my driver's ed course, the instructor said the only thing I had left to complete was parallel parking. He looked and me and said, "are you ready?" and I said no. He was like, "well, that's okay, we'll just say that you did it", and he marked it off as completed. Thank you Austin Driving School!
13. I can see about two minutes of any part of an episode of The Brady Bunch and can tell you which episode it is. I know, that is just sad!
You know you are singing along with this too!
For more Thursday Thirteen entries, go here.
For my Thirsty Thursday, since I'm once again iced in at home, I think I will have another cup of hot chocolate (thank you Swiss Miss, you are wonderful!) For more Thirsty Thursday entries, check out For The Love of Blogs here.
Happy Thursday everyone!!