Monday, July 10, 2017

Book Reviews 2017: The Woman In Cabin 10

**All reviews on Randomness With Rachel are done on a five star rating system. The reviews are solely my opinion and no one else's. Randomness With Rachel does not receive any incentives or compensations for reviews.**

The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware



This was the first book I've read by this author- and I can't wait to read others. I like her writing style and I was hooked from the moment I started reading. It kept me entertained and guessing throughout the whole book (I suspected everyone at some point).  

Lo Blacklock is a travel journalist on assignment to review a new cruise line and gets to spend a week on an all-expenses paid cruise (can I please have that job?) It's a small cruise ship so there aren't that many guests on board. As she is getting ready for dinner the first night, she realizes she forgot to pack mascara so she goes to the cabin next door to ask if she can borrow some (first of all- ew, I wouldn't borrow my friend's mascara, much less a stranger's, but that's just me.) The woman next door ends up giving her a tube of mascara, insisting that Lo just keep it. While lying in bed later that night, Lo hears a commotion from the cabin next door and then a sound like someone jumping (or being thrown) overboard. (Randomness: When I went on my cruise earlier this year, I had an unrealistic fear of falling overboard.) When she mentions her concern for the woman in that cabin, she finds out that no one was staying there, and that no one has a clue who this mystery guest could be. Just when she thinks she might have imagined the woman, she remembers the tube of mascara the woman gave her. That tube of mascara is the only proof she has that the woman existed. 

I don't want to go into much more detail because I don't want to give anything away, but this is definitely a good, suspenseful book. I highly recommend it if you are a fan of thrillers and suspense. 


I finished this book on June 8, so it goes towards my 40 by 40 challenge. :)

XOXO!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment