Monday, July 17, 2017

Book Reviews 2017: Playing For Pizza

**All reviews on Randomness With Rachel are done on a five star rating system. The reviews are solely my opinion and no one else's. Randomness With Rachel does not receive any incentives or compensations for reviews.**

Playing For Pizza by John Grisham


I've read a good number of John Grisham books and have liked most of them, but I just wasn't a fan of this one. I love football (and anything to do with Italy), but this book just didn't do anything for me. 

It took me four months to read it. I finally forced myself to finish it just because I was determined to just get through it.

The concept of the story was a good idea, but I felt he spent too much time going into details over EVERY SINGLE football game. Again, I like football, and I don't mind reading a recap of a real game, but I didn't feel it was needed for this novel. He could have spent more time on character development and the plot. He also spent so much time going over the food and culture of Italy, I felt like I was reading a tourist guidebook of Italy. Again, not something so terrible if that is what I wanted to read, but I wanted a fiction novel, not Italy Tourism 101.

Unless you are just strongly devoted to John Grisham, I would recommend just skipping this one and pick up one of his legal thrillers. 

Book summary:


I finished this book on June 27, so it goes towards my 40 by 40 challenge.

XOXO!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment