Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thursday 13: Dick Van Dyke Movies


Back in November, I did my Thursday 13 on my favorite episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show. I decided today to list 13 movies starring Dick Van Dyke. Because I'm too lazy to type out movie storylines, you can just click on the title of the movie, and it will take you to the IMDB link so you can read about it. So here they are in no particular order...

1. Mary Poppins: Of course my favorite movie OF ALL TIME would be listed first. Don't act surprised. :)


2. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: I always thought this was a Disney movie growing up (maybe because the music sounded similar to Mary Poppins) but it's not. The Sherman Brothers (who wrote the music in Mary Poppins) wrote the music for this movie as well.


3. Night At the Museum: Am I the only person who stood up and started cheering in the movie theater when he first appeared on screen? Don't judge me...


4. Lt. Robin Crusoe, U.S.N.: I grew up watching this movie on The Disney Channel. I recently bought the DVD off of Amazon. I can't wait to watch it again.


5. Fitzwilly: I came across this on TCM one day. Loved it! It also stars Barbara Feldon, AKA Agent 99 from Get Smart. 


6. Bye Bye Birdie: Not my favorite musical of all time, but worth it to see Mr. Van Dyke. 


7. Murder 101This was a TV movie that aired on the Hallmark Channel back in 2006. I believe there were four of them in the movie series. His son Barry and grandson Shane also starred in them.


8. Diagnosis Murder: This was a TV movie that eventually kicked off his TV show by this name. The roles of Jack and Amanda were played by different people in these movies.


9. Night At the Museum: Secret of the Tomb: I liked this one almost as much as the first one in the trilogy. I didn't like the second one as much, maybe because Mr. Van Dyke wasn't in it. :)


10. Divorce American Style: It's difficult watching any movie where Dick Van Dyke is married and doesn't play a happy, wholesome, Rob Petrie type character, but still worth a watch. :)


11. Diagnosis Murder: Without Warning: This was the TV movie that ended the series Diagnosis Murder (after an eight year run).


12. Curious George: Granted this is a cartoon, but he provided the voice of Mr. Bloomsberry.


13. Dick Tracy: He had a very small role but I had to mention it.


XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Dick Van Dyke was a good actor back in the day. I just saw where he did some dancing somewhere and he's 90. Cool Thursday 13!

    ReplyDelete