Friday, July 5, 2013

Boston Trip Part 3

I'm not even going to make excuses on why I haven't blogged. Life happens, and I've been lazy. BUT, I do want to FINALLY wrap up my Boston trip (which I took last month). Two more recaps to go!

Day 3 of my trip was greeted with rain, so we spent the morning visiting the JFK Presidential Library and Museum. Living in Dallas, I've been to the Sixth Floor Museum, which focuses on Kennedy's death. It was nice to see a museum that focused on his life.

It's kinda blurry, but hey, Rachel for president! My first order of business would be to make MLB Opening Day a National Holiday. :)

JFK's sailboat
The Commonwealth Museum is next door to the JFK Library and has exhibits that depict the history of Massachusetts. You know I'm a history nerd. I've heard Texas history my whole life, so it was interesting hearing history from another place.
The rain finally stopped by the afternoon, so we headed over to Fenway Park for a tour. If you know me, you know my goal is to see all the MLB stadiums and parks in the US (and Canada). I was able to cross Fenway off my list!
We got student discounts on our tickets. :)

Sitting in the Green Monster seats.




Look what I found in the Fenway gift shop!
On our way back to Jodi's, we went by JFK's childhood home. It was already closed, so we couldn't go in for a tour, maybe next time. 


After being up late the previous two nights, we made it an early night and spent the evening back at Jodi's watching mindless TV. 

Hope everyone is doing well, I promise to not let three weeks go by before I give you the recap of the last day of my vacation! Thanks to everyone who has checked on me. I'm doing good! :)

XOXO!

2 comments:

  1. Still so jealous of your Boston trip. Especially the trip to Fenway. I've always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still upset that I didn't get to the JFK museum when I was in Boston last, and this post didn't help me!! Haha. But seriously, it all looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete