Okay, I meant to start this yesterday, but got so wrapped up in my Mobile Monday and Elite Eight picks that I forgot. I went looking online for some Blog Challenge ideas (because honestly there are some days where I WANT to blog, I just don't know WHAT to blog about- yes, even I have times where I don't know what to talk about- go figure). I found a few lists, so I combined some of the questions from all of them to make my own challenge. Feel free to steal this idea if you would like (and leave me a link in the comments below so I can check out your blog!)
Day 1: Post a picture of yourself with 10 facts
I've done these "facts about me" before, but I know I have new followers, so to some long time readers, you might already know these! And of course, my long-time friends will know ALL of these! :)
1. I don't eat cake or pie. I mean, I CAN eat them, I just usually don't. It's definitely not because I'm a health nut (because I'm not- must we rehash about my Chick Fil-A milkshake and Blue Bell ice cream obsession)? Even when I was little I didn't eat cake or cupcakes at birthday parties. I'm just odd. :)
2. I'm a wannabe amateur tornado chaser. Okay, so I haven't really chased one, yet. But I keep saying I want to. Whenever there is a tornado warning in the area, I have more than one person call or message me telling me NOT to go out chasing it (I guess my little Mazda is not storm chasing appropriate). I watch all the tornado chasing specials on cable. I had a fan girl moment when meteorologist and storm chaser Reed Timmer not only replied to me but started following me on Twitter. I know, I'm a nerd. I keep hoping he'll ask me to join him on a chase one day, so far, I've received no invite. But a girl can dream...
3. I'm a chocolate milk snob. Now, I don't like plain milk, I have to drink chocolate milk. This started when I was a kid (yes, even as an adult I've tried plain milk and I don't like it- ick). BUT, I have to use NesQuik powder chocolate mix. I don't like the syrup (and don't even think about giving me an imitation brand or Ovaltine). I also have to mix my own, I don't like it "pre-made". See, I told you I was weird!
4. I was 11 years old before I learned to ride a bike. No lie. And we won't mention how many years it's been SINCE I've ridden a bike.
5. I want to play a dead body on one of my crime shows (CSI, Criminal Minds, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, etc). I can't really act, but I figured not much acting is needed to just lie there.
6. I was a pep squad officer in 8th grade (it's kinda like a cheerleader, except we didn't cheer in front of the crowds at the football games, we were in the stands). Long story how I ended up one. I had a friend who wanted to try out and didn't want to go alone, so I went with her. I ended up getting selected (even though I had NEVER been in pep squad before). Go figure!
|Don't judge. No really, don't judge. Don't I look "peppy"? Forgive my hair, it hadn't recovered from the 80s.|
7. I don't like Starbucks. To be fair, I don't like any form of coffee, but I don't really care for any drinks at Starbucks. If I want hot chocolate, I'm not paying $4 for one.
8. I despise the game of Monopoly. It goes back to when I was a kid and was forced to play it for HOURS on end. To this day, I refuse to play it. Also with my A.D.D. I would only be able to play about 20 minutes before I'd get distracted or something.
9. I hate when people say "you are really tall for a girl". I'm 5'8, I don't think that's REALLY tall. Now, if I was 6'8, then yes, you could say I was really tall.
10. I was a sports editor for two years at a weekly newspaper. I miss writing, I always thought I would eventually go back to it. Maybe one day I will, I'm still young, right?? :)
Day 2: What are your nicknames and how did you get them?
1. Rach: kinda obvious how I got this one, it's just my a shorten version of Rachel.
2. Ray-Ray: my cousin's kids started calling me this when they were little; I have a friend whose kids call me this now too!
3. Angel: my momma calls me her "little angel". Although with the Rangers rival being the evil empire that is now known as the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, I've told her she has to call me her "little Ranger" now. Yes, we take baseball VERY seriously! :)
4. Precious: my sister Martha calls me this (because it's true). :)
5. Dumpling: my daddy calls me this. :) He got it from the Blondie comic strip, they referred to their kid as "Baby Dumpling".
6. Averyfan: Since this is my Twitter handle, a lot of people call me this. And my friend Laura likes to refer to me as Averyfan when she's talking to our friend Chance. BTW, people from Twitter also call me Avery because they think that is my first name.
7. Wonderwoman: I got this when I was working for the newspaper. I not only covered sports, but I covered local town meetings and news beats. One of the city councilmen said I was like Wonderwoman because I did so much (there were many issues of our paper where I wrote the majority of the articles).
8. Sniffles: A friend of mine gave me this nickname in college because the first semester it seemed I was sick so much with allergies or a cold.
9. Boog: My sister Mary has always called me this. For the record, ONLY MY SISTER MARY can call me this. Don't even try! :)
10. Pinky: My friend James calls me this (again, only he can use it). When we worked together, he referred to us as Pinky and The Brain. To this day, we still call each other that! :)
|Pinky: "Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?" The Brain: "The same thing we do every night Pinky- try and take over the world!"|
Have a great day!!