Thursday, August 11, 2011

Brad Paisley Concert Recap and 30 DBC- Day 11

I know, it's been almost two weeks and I still haven't done my Brad Paisley concert recap. Never fear, your wait is over!!

On July 30 my friend Leaneth and I went to Frisco for the Brad Paisley concert at Pizza Hut Park. It was a toasty 103 when we got there a little before 5pm. We decided to eat across the street at a sandwich shop (it was cheaper than eating inside the park). When we finally got to our seats about 6ish, we were delighted to see we were on the shaded side of the stadium. 

A view of the stage behind us
Taking pictures at our nice, shady seats!
Did I mention it was a little on the warm side? I refused to pay $4 for water (which by the way, they poured from the bottle into a plastic cup, you couldn't even keep the bottle), so I stood in line at the concession stand (for, no joke- 30 minutes) to ask for a cup of ice. Author's note: I will vent another day how I feel that outdoor venues should either provide free water or let people bring in their own water when it's over 100 degrees. At first the lady was going to charge me $2 for the cup, but after seeing the look on my face (I guess she didn't want to risk seeing my wrath), she gave me a free cup of ice. And it was a 32 oz cup, so it was a pretty good size. It lasted me the rest of the concert.

A view from our seats.
It's going to sound awful, but I don't remember who the first act was (he performed while I was waiting in the line). Jerrod Niemann, I think. I was able to catch up with my friend Neely before Blake Shelton took the stage. 

Aren't we adorable? :)
I had seen Blake Shelton once before, but I have to say I think this performance was a lot better than the last one. He did a great job! He did joke about the heat (but honestly, he should know better. An outside concert in Texas in July- did he really think it would be cool?) So, I was going to list each song he sang, but I found a copy of it online, so I'll just post that instead (I'm too lazy to retype it!) :)

Set list courtesy of this website here.
 

It was really funny when he started singing "Play That Funky Music White Boy"
 

During "Ol' Red". I always think of my nephew's dog Copper when I hear this song!
When Brad Paisley finally took the stage he appeared center stage (no fancy intro, just all of a sudden the spotlight came on and he was there.) He sang a chorus of "Mud on the Tires" and then the lights went out again. All of a sudden he was a few sections over from me on the front row. I think the stage bit was some sort of fancy hologram special effects thing (he did something similar last year at his concert when it looked like Alison Krauss came on stage to sing "Whiskey Lullaby".) 

Doesn't it look like he's there?
This was my third Brad Paisley concert and I swear, I think they get better each year! One of my favorite parts was when Blake joined Brad on stage for a song. After the song Blake said, "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Brad Paisley." After that Brad said, "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Miranda Lambert!" (For those not familiar with country music, Blake's wife is country singer Miranda Lambert). I found Brad's set list online as well (I think I love THIS website now).

Set list courtesy of this website here.
The real Brad in the crowd during the first song!
Even if you don't like country music, I think Brad is one of the best guitar players out there!

Blake and Brad singing
During "Waiting on A Woman", they showed the music video on the big screen. The video stars Andy Griffith.
They also showed the video during "Old Alabama". I was kind of hoping that Alabama would make a special guest appearance and sing their part, but they didn't.
The finale!

It was a great concert, I can't wait for the next one!! :)

Now it's time for the 30 Day Blog Challenge update!

Day 11: Favorite TV shows

I've been over before how I have an unhealthy obsession with crime shows, so yes, most of these are crime related. :)

CSI
CSI: Miami
CSI: NY
NCIS
NCIS: Los Angeles
Criminal Minds
The Mentalist
Psych
The Big Bang Theory (Wahoo! A non-crime show! I **heart** Jim Parsons!)
Rizzoli and Isles (I just started watching this show a few weeks ago, I like it so far. It comes on TNT.)

So, yeah, I watch entirely too many shows. Thank goodness for a DVR, it's the only way I can watch this many.

I hope everyone has a great day! It's the 7th inning stretch of the work week, the weekend is almost here!!

XOXO!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun!! I don't know if I could've hung in there at 105 degrees. Lol. And you're so right-- that hot, they should at least DISCOUNT the water. But oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if that crime list means you should go into criminal investigation or if you're simply pre-programmed to be a criminal. LOL ;-)

    Sounds like you had a great time at the concert. I'm glad there are people like you to support country artists. They would all starve to death if their living were made off the country music I own. :-)

    Love the photos! And yes, you guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, we would officially get a along so well. I know this just because you listed Psych as a fave. I am in love!

    It is now on my bucket list to see Brad and Blake- I think I may have cried when he sang Waiting on a woman and Andy Griffith was in the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like sooooo much fun

    ReplyDelete