Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Thirteen and Blog Journal Day 2

For my Thursday 13 this week, I thought I would list 13 books that I have read at least twice. Sometimes I read the same book more times than that!!

If you would like a summary of the book, click on the title, I've linked you up! :)

1. The Bible- My dad is a minister, so as you can imagine, this book has been in my life since day one. Even though I've been reading it my whole life, I find something new each time I read it. I love it! A must read (in my opinion!) ;)


2. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee- I first read this book in my 9th grade English class. I love it. I've read it so many times. I highly recommend it if you have never read it!



3. Haunting Rachel by Kay Hooper- This is the first book by Kay Hooper that I ever read. Yes, I bought it because of the title (and the summary). But I lucked out and it's a really good book (and it introduced me to one of my favorite authors)! Most people have a hard time re-reading a mystery book, but not me. I catch something new each time I read it! 



4. The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe- A lot of my friends know I'm not a huge fan of  "the classics", but I really like Poe's writing (his short stories and his poems). I used to be able to quote "The Raven" from heart. 



5. Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie-My grandma was a big fan of Agatha Christie and had all her books. When I was about 10 she moved in with us and she was always giving me a book to read (the love of reading runs in my family). I credit her with my love of mysteries (and scary movies- she let me watch The Omen when I was 11!) ;) This is one of Agatha Christie's books that I've read probably about 5 times. 



6. Beyond Belief by Josh Hamilton- This is an autobiography by Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton. Even if you aren't a baseball fan, another must read! His story is truly amazing!



7. Liberty Falling by Nevada Barr- I'm not sure why I've read this one more than once. I really like Nevada Barr's books. This just seems to be one that I've read a few times. 



8. After Caroline by Kay Hooper- Yes, another book by Kay Hooper that I love. The story is about a woman who discovers that another woman (who looks just likes her) died at the exact same moment that she was "brought back to life" after a car accident. I love story lines like that! So weird!



 9. Anything by Erma Bombeck- If I'm in a mood to read something funny, I'll pick up one of her books. I have read most of them probably about 20 times. 



10. The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer- With the exception of Book 4 (which in my opinion, could have been left out completely), I have read this series two times. I'm sure I'll re-read Book 4 before the movie comes out next year. I'm not saying I could read this over and over 100 times, but I did enjoy it. I could see myself re-reading it again. Maybe not all at once, but a book here and there. 



11. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis- Out of all of the Chronicles of Narnia books, this one is my favorite. I read the whole series when I was younger, but I've read this particular book a few times! 



12. And Then There Were None (also called Ten Little Indians) by Agatha Christie- Another one of Agatha's books that I really enjoy! I always forget that the book is slightly different that the movie. 



13. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett- I read this book maybe 10 times when I was younger. I think I should read it again. It's been a while! 


 





Day 2: Favorite movie:

I always say my all time favorite movie is Mary Poppins (remember, Dick Van Dyke is my favorite actor!) I can watch this movie over and over!!


Another one of my favorite movies is Breakfast at Tiffany's. I LOVE Audrey Hepburn! And George Peppard looked so handsome back then! ;)


Hope everyone has a great day! I'm going to my parents' house tonight for a four day weekend, I'll try my best to update my blog from their house!


Late breaking news!! Vic over at Freckles and Fudge has brought back Thirsty Thursday!!




Since I'm going to my parents' house tonight, I foresee a Dr Pepper ice cream float in my near future (it's something we all love!) Yum!!





10 comments:

  1. hey new Follower from thirsty Thirsday! Hope you cancheck out My Blog at
    www.ladii-Aponte.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love the BIBLE. Bryan got me a really nice one some years ago and even though I been reading since I was younger, I try to find verses that are dear to my heart. And your right we can always learn something no matter how many times we've went through it.:)

    My daughter loves the secret garden...she got it from her aunt for her birthday and she read it in like a day:) i'm actually drinking a lemon tea snapple right now:) Yummmmmy! muaahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of books you have there. My daddy was a preacher as well.
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww you brought back a few I read in the past. The secret Garden!? I loved that book! I need to re-read that pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read To Kill a Mokingbird about 3 times.

    I read LOTS of books more than once. I've read most of my stephen king collection repeatedly.

    She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb is another one I've read often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm going to have to steal this idea for my Thursday Thirteen. :) Love to read and have read several on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your choice for movies and books! How fun! Have you ever seen the BBC movie of 'Sleeping Murder' with Joan Hickson as Miss Marple? It is one of my very favorites, and I even have it on DVD. That story is so good and so creepy, it makes me shiver just to think of it!The movies with Joan Hickson are far better, in my opinion, that those other actresses who tried to portray Miss Marple.

    Thanks for your comments on Cranberry Morning. Bridger has managed to stay away from the picky plants today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One more thing: You should read 'The Loser Letters' a new book I just bought. They're comparing it to C.S. Lewis' 'Screwtape Letters.' I think you'd like the book. I thought it was excellent!! It's the kind of book I want to buy several copies of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list...and Dylan is right now...as I write...laying on the couch reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" for 9th grade English! I guess some things never change! :)

    And I love, love, love Mary Poppins and Breakfast at Tiffany's! :) Just another "sign" I guess that we truly are the same person...only several states apart! HAHA!

    Have fun on your weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the secret garden is closest to my heart :)

    http://2short2sweet.blogspot.com/2010/09/from-house-to-home.html

    ReplyDelete