For my Thursday 13 this week, I thought I would list 13 books that I have read at least twice. Sometimes I read the same book more times than that!!
If you would like a summary of the book, click on the title, I've linked you up! :)
1. The Bible- My dad is a minister, so as you can imagine, this book has been in my life since day one. Even though I've been reading it my whole life, I find something new each time I read it. I love it! A must read (in my opinion!) ;)
2. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee- I first read this book in my 9th grade English class. I love it. I've read it so many times. I highly recommend it if you have never read it!
3. Haunting Rachel by Kay Hooper- This is the first book by Kay Hooper that I ever read. Yes, I bought it because of the title (and the summary). But I lucked out and it's a really good book (and it introduced me to one of my favorite authors)! Most people have a hard time re-reading a mystery book, but not me. I catch something new each time I read it!
4. The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe- A lot of my friends know I'm not a huge fan of "the classics", but I really like Poe's writing (his short stories and his poems). I used to be able to quote "The Raven" from heart.
5. Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie-My grandma was a big fan of Agatha Christie and had all her books. When I was about 10 she moved in with us and she was always giving me a book to read (the love of reading runs in my family). I credit her with my love of mysteries (and scary movies- she let me watch The Omen when I was 11!) ;) This is one of Agatha Christie's books that I've read probably about 5 times.
6. Beyond Belief by Josh Hamilton- This is an autobiography by Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton. Even if you aren't a baseball fan, another must read! His story is truly amazing!
7. Liberty Falling by Nevada Barr- I'm not sure why I've read this one more than once. I really like Nevada Barr's books. This just seems to be one that I've read a few times.
8. After Caroline by Kay Hooper- Yes, another book by Kay Hooper that I love. The story is about a woman who discovers that another woman (who looks just likes her) died at the exact same moment that she was "brought back to life" after a car accident. I love story lines like that! So weird!
9. Anything by Erma Bombeck- If I'm in a mood to read something funny, I'll pick up one of her books. I have read most of them probably about 20 times.
10. The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer- With the exception of Book 4 (which in my opinion, could have been left out completely), I have read this series two times. I'm sure I'll re-read Book 4 before the movie comes out next year. I'm not saying I could read this over and over 100 times, but I did enjoy it. I could see myself re-reading it again. Maybe not all at once, but a book here and there.
11. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis- Out of all of the Chronicles of Narnia books, this one is my favorite. I read the whole series when I was younger, but I've read this particular book a few times!
12. And Then There Were None (also called Ten Little Indians) by Agatha Christie- Another one of Agatha's books that I really enjoy! I always forget that the book is slightly different that the movie.
13. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett- I read this book maybe 10 times when I was younger. I think I should read it again. It's been a while!
Day 2: Favorite movie:
I always say my all time favorite movie is Mary Poppins (remember, Dick Van Dyke is my favorite actor!) I can watch this movie over and over!!
Another one of my favorite movies is Breakfast at Tiffany's. I LOVE Audrey Hepburn! And George Peppard looked so handsome back then! ;)
Hope everyone has a great day! I'm going to my parents' house tonight for a four day weekend, I'll try my best to update my blog from their house!
Late breaking news!! Vic over at Freckles and Fudge has brought back Thirsty Thursday!!
Since I'm going to my parents' house tonight, I foresee a Dr Pepper ice cream float in my near future (it's something we all love!) Yum!!