Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday Ramblings...

Once again, I start my post with a birthday shout out.

HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY STEVE AVERY!! Seriously, what is up with all my former crushes turning 40 this year? Anyways, as I've mentioned in a previous post, Steve Avery was a pitcher for the Atlanta Braves back in the day. Yes, I was a Braves fan (I guess I still am, but obviously I pay more attention to the Rangers now). You see kids, back when I was young, we didn't have MLB TV or internet streaming of any baseball game we wanted to listen to. If it wasn't on regular television or radio, we were out of luck. Since I grew up in an area that didn't show or air Rangers games, I would find myself flipping through the channels and usually landing on TBS, home of the Atlanta Braves (I guess if I would have landed on WGN, I would have become a Cubs fan). Anyways, this started about 1990ish. In 1991, this team that I had been watching made it to the World Series (we'll leave out the part where it took them until 1995 to actually win it). Anyways, I've rambled on too much about the Braves when I really just wanted to say happy birthday to Steve. Not that anyone cares. Except my friend Jami (another Steve Avery fan), and my friend Mandy. Well, Mandy doesn't really care, she's just doomed to always remember April 14 as his birthday! : )



(L) Steve Avery's rookie card, 1990. (r) A picture of Steve being inducted into his hometown (Taylor, MI) sports hall of fame, circa 2004ish. Thank you Google Image Search!

Well, I just realized that I've been keeping up with this blog for 6 months now. I'm still a newbie when it comes to blogging, but I'm having fun (and I've met some new blogging buddies! Shout out to all of them!!) I've also added many new blogs to my reading list. If you have time, check them out. Them are listed in the sidebar to the right under "My Blog List". And yes, that is the real Wil Wheaton whose blog I follow (I know, I'm a nerd). But he's funny! For all my Dallas area peeps, I strongly recommend you check out "My Dallas Mommy". There are some awesome deals and coupons listed there. I found a link for free tickets to the Studio Movie Grill on there yesterday. Sadly, there were only 100,000 available so you can no longer use that one (thankfully I had already printed mine). But keep checking, she posts lots of stuff daily!

Thanks for reading friends (new and old), I appreciate it!! I know I ended with a "Feel Good Moment of the Day" yesterday, but I think I'm going to post another one (because we all need a feel good moment, don't you agree?) This isn't an offical one that aired on The Bonnie Hunt Show, but a friend sent me this one. A soldier returned home after spending 15 months in Iraq and this was the greeting he received from his dog (so cute!!) God Bless our troops!! Thank you for all you do!!




3 comments:

  1. Is that where your email address comes from???? I always thought it was from Avery that coached the Mavs...silly me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that is where it comes from!! :) People usually think Avery Johnson, James Avery or Sean Avery. Miss you soul sista!!

    ReplyDelete