Thursday, April 8, 2010
I mentioned yesterday that I love the TV show Psych, so I thought I would make my Thursday Thirteen some of my favorite quotes from the show.
1. Burton 'Gus' Guster: I don't need to see him, Shawn! Some people are just born evil: the kid from "The Omen", the Children of the Corn, Chad Michael Murray.
2. Juliet O'Hara: Detective Lassiter is literally on fire today.
Shawn Spencer: "Literally on fire" as in Michael Jackson in the Pepsi commercial, or as in a misuse of the word "literally?"
3. Burton 'Gus' Guster: Are you crazy?
Shawn Spencer: I wouldn't say crazy. Maybe an eccentric who looks good in jeans.
4. Carlton Lassiter: Hey, we found prints.
Shawn Spencer: Was he in a little red corvette?
Burton 'Gus' Guster: Under the cherry moon?
Carlton Lassiter: FINGER prints!
5. Shawn Spencer: Oh, you mean my pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border. I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.
6. Burton 'Gus' Guster: Great. Now you've gotten me kicked out of a funeral. Just add it to the list. Kicked out of Petsmart, kicked out of Santa's Village, kicked out of the Salvation Army...
Shawn Spencer: Dishonorably discharged!
7. Shawn Spencer: Assuming that Parker Stevenson had never been born... have you ever seen a very attractive man solve a crime before?
Abigail Lytar: [thinks] I did see John Cusack prevent a jaywalking once.
8. Burton 'Gus' Guster: Do you even know what a pep captain is, Shawn?
Shawn Spencer: Yeah. He's a male cheerleader, I believe.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: It's a leader among men, Shawn. A leader among men.
Shawn Spencer: Who cheers. I saw "Bring It On".
9. Mr. Waring: Do you understand about honor, Mr. Spencer?
Shawn: Of course I do, I have a bootleg copy of Saving Private Ryan at home.
10. Shawn: (while eating spicy Indian food) Dude, I can't see anything out of my left eye.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: I see dead people.
11. Shawn: You've seen The Mentalist, right?
Shawn: It's like that.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: Except that guy's a fake.
Shawn: Right, if I was a fake psychic it would be eerily similar.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: Exactly.
Shawn: A virtual carbon copy.
12. Henry: (storming into the police station) Shawn!
Shawn: Hey, did I miss a memo? I thought "bring your daddy to work day" was next week.
Henry: I forbid you to be a part of this, Shawn. (Henry pulls Shawn around by the arm.) You're coming with me.
Shawn: W–w–w … "forbid" me. I'm familiar with your hands-on approach to parenting, but I'm not twenty-seven any more. I can do whatever I want.
13. Burton 'Gus' Guster: Brazilian airport codes. How do you know that?
Shawn Spencer: I lived in an airport for a month, Gus.
Burton 'Gus' Guster: That was Tom Hanks in The Terminal.
Shawn Spencer: Same difference.