I've been trying to think of a topic for my Thursday 13 post most of the day. Recently I was "tagged" in a note on Facebook where you are supposed to list 25 random facts about yourself. So, I decided to be lazy and take 13 facts from that list and post them here. So, here you go...
13 Random Facts You May (or May Not)
Want To Know About Me
1. I am the daughter of a Heavenly King. I know I can get silly with my posts, but I wanted to be serious for a moment with this one. I am proud to say that I know and love Jesus Christ. I am grateful that He loves me and cares for me, even when I am not deserving of it!
2. I am the great-aunt of four adorable great-nephews!!
3. My all time favorite actor is Dick Van Dyke. I enjoy watching reruns of The Dick Van Dyke Show and Diagnosis Murder. My favorite movie of all time is Mary Poppins.
Mr. Dick Van Dyke
The intro to The Dick Van Dyke Show
4. When I was in high school, I dislocated my knee while playing soccer.
Freshman year soccer picture. Please forgive my bangs. My hair took a while recovering from the 80s.
5. Not counting the time when I was a baby, I didn't fly in a plane until I was 21. And I've only flown twice since then (once in 2007 and once last year).
6. My favorite dwarf from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is Dopey (yes, this explains my whole "ear obsession".)
Me and Elvira, circa 1982ish
8. I don't like milk. Now, chocolate milk I like. And I can put milk on cereal, but I don't like the taste of regular, plain milk.
9. I own over 3,000 baseball cards. Some of them are in notebooks, some are in protective cases. I've been collecting them since I was 11.
My baseball card collection
10. I love going to art and history museums. I've been known to plan vacations around what museums I can see in that particular town. My college roommate and I went to New Orleans for Spring Break our senior year. We spent most of the week in museums and on tours. I love having another museum "nerd" friend!! :)
11. I spend entirely too much money at Half Price Books.
12. I turn into a giddy 15 year old starstruck girl when professional baseball players shake my hand. Rangers Fanfest 2009: Josh Hamilton was in the locker room at the same time we were touring it. He made a point to shake my hand and speak to me before he left. Me and my friend Brandy were giggling like school girls for the next hour.
13. I'm a believer of True Love Waits.