Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Early Edition: Tuesday Ramblings...

I know, I usually have Wednesday Ramblings (and trust me, I'll probably still have a Wednesday Ramblings this week), but I honestly couldn't think of a clever title for my post today. And I also couldn't think of one specific topic to talk about (my mind can be an interesting place sometime!) : ) So, sit back, relax..here we go...

First of all, HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY RICKY SCHRODER!


If you are new to my blog, you might not be aware that my first crush was Ricky Schroder. Well today, my first crush turned 40. Yeah...I now feel old. : )

The year was 1983. I was 5 years old.


Me at age 5- I know, I was adorable, it was a tough job, someone had to do it! :) 

The show was Silver Spoons. And yes, I own season 1 on DVD, judge me if you must!



Recently he appeared on The Bonnie Hunt Show (can you tell I'm a fan of her show? I seem to mention her a lot.) He's still a-dor-a-ble!! And I love the way he talks about his love for his wife. So sweet!!  **sigh**



Okay, so I know I said I was going to try to not mention baseball in my blog, but really, if you know me, that's not going to happen anytime soon. It's going to be thrown in somewhere, somehow, at least until October! ;) I'm posting this now because it probably won't last long. The Rangers starting pitchers have the LOWEST ERA in MLB right now (and if it wasn't for our closer Frank "I can't save a game to save my life" Francisco, who blew two saves last week, we would be 6-1 instead of 4-3, but I won't go there. I'm moving past that). : ) Here is picture proof about the ERA (shout out to my buddy Nathan who sent me this!) For all you none baseball fans, ERA means Earned Run Average. Sorry, I forget not everyone speaks baseball! : )



And lastly, since I mentioned The Bonnie Hunt Show earlier, she always ends her show with a "Feel Good Moment of the Day". It's usually a video sent in by a viewer, it can be funny, sweet or touching. I thought this one was very touching. A little boy's bike was stolen and he knew his parents couldn't afford to buy him a new one. This was his reaction when he saw they had gotten him another one. For my sensitive friends out there, **tissue alert**. You have been warned!! : )

 

2 comments:

  1. I like Ricky too... and Bonnie Hunt. I hadn't heard that theme song for Silver Spoons in AGES! How funny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it!! I do enjoy The Bonnie Hunt Show. I hear her show is being canceled this season. I'm very sad about that!

    ReplyDelete