Thursday, September 7, 2017

Thankful Thursday

I know I haven't posted lately, it has been a rough few weeks. As you all know, Texas got hit hard by Hurricane Harvey. I wasn't up for posting last week as I had friends and family dealing with the aftermath of the storms. I'm thankful that everyone I know personally is safe. My heart breaks for those who lost loved ones. My sister's apartment in Houston had over four feet of water in it and she lost a lot of her belongings. Thankfully some photos were salvageable but she lost all of her furniture and clothes and a few other personal items that meant a lot to her. Thankfully she and my niece are safe though- material things can be replaced. She continues to remain positive through all of it. A few people messaged me on Twitter asking how they could help her out. Right now she's waiting on FEMA to go through, but if you are interested in sending her a gift card, please comment with your email and I will be in touch. Right now my thoughts are with everyone in the path of Hurricane Irma, especially my Florida friends and family. Praying for safety for everyone. 

You can see how high the water was in my sister's apartment
I decided today to try and focus on things I'm thankful for right now (no matter how small it might seem).

I'm thankful...

That I get to go out to lunch with my friends. Sometimes it's a much needed break in my day. And of course, I love hugs, so getting hugs is nice too. :) 

My friend Eve hadn't been to Whataburger in months and was dying to go, so of course, I made the sacrifice and went with her. :)

Celebrating the birth of my friend Bob at Norma's Cafe
I'm thankful...

That I got a promotion at work. It's been a rough few months at my office so this was a nice way to wrap up some of the madness. I feel very blessed.

I'm thankful...

For all the generous and loving people who made (and are still making) donations to victims of Hurricane Harvey. My church took donations last week and I went by one day to help sort the donations. This was what we collected in one day- it was amazing. 


I'm thankful...

That I still have one month of baseball left (sadly, Rangers fans only have one month left because I don't see the playoffs in our future this season, BUT now that I've said that, watch them make the playoffs and show me up (I would be okay with that). Lol. Even if they don't, I've had fun this season at the Ballpark- I might not like the outcome of all of the games, but I still have fun regardless. I do love going to baseball games with my friends. :)

Chilling with my homegirl Monica in my company suite at the Ballpark
The Rangers gave out a bobblehead of a now former player (talk about awkward). BUT my friends and I think it looks like my friend Larry, so we all have Larry bobbleheads now). :) 
Celebrating Misti's birthday!
Always good to see my friend Andrew at a game
Love getting hugs from my sweet friend Corina. She always has a smile on her face, no matter what is going on. She's an inspiration to me! :)

I'm thankful...

For time off work to just relax. I had myself a six day weekend, as I was off work from last Friday until yesterday. I cleaned my apartment (and organized my craft closet- which took a whole day to complete). I also finished a scrapbook (we won't say how long I've been working on it), and I read two books. It was nice just to have time for myself. It's also nice to have a clean apartment. :)

A before and after picture of my craft closet
This was a "during" picture. Yeah, it was pretty bad. It looked like a craft store threw up in my study. Lol.
What are YOU thankful for today?

XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. I love getting hugs from you!! Being upbeat is hard sometimes, yo. But we do the best we can with what we've got, right? And usually that big yellow thing in the sky comes up again the next day anyway, so why not smile? Love you!

    ReplyDelete