1. The ever changing Texas weather. Here is our current 7 day forecast. No snow or ice predicted with the cold front that hits Monday night (but then again, last year a few days before the Great Snow of OH-TEN they weren't predicting snow either). :)
2. Drinking hot chocolate. I'm not usually a fan of hot drinks. I don't like coffee and I only drink hot tea when I'm sick, BUT when it's cold (remember "cold" to me is anything below 60 degrees), I enjoy a cup of hot chocolate. With marshmallows of course!
3. Going to hockey games. Granted, all hockey games in Texas are played inside, but still, I think of cold when I think of hockey (duh). And trust me, there are many times that the temperature inside the American Airlines Center is way colder than it is outside! I love Texas! :)
Ice skating with my friends Beks and Monica after a meet and greet with Stars players last year.
4. Snuggies. I got a Snuggie last year for Christmas. I'll be honest, when they first came out, I thought they looked ridiculous. BUT, I love it! I wear it a lot when I'm reading (or watching a movie). It's perfect!
This was taken Christmas morning last year (forgive my appearance, I had just woken up). Me (wearing my Snuggie) reading to my great-nephew "C". He looks so tiny here! He's almost 2 and a half now.
5. The possibility of an ice/snow day and not having to go to work. It doesn't happen every year, but in Texas if there is more than an inch or two of ice on the roads, the town shuts down. We can't handle it. I kid you not, if there is "ice" in the forecast, people start collecting food and supplies like it was Y2K. Oh I'm very serious. It's funny!
6. Cute winter outfits. Tights, jeans, boots, bulky sweaters. I especially like the bulky sweaters (they hide any "holiday weight" that I may or may not have put on!) ;) No one can tell the difference!
7. Being able to "accessorize" with scarves and hats. A stylish hat can cover up a bad hair day in the wintertime! My sweet friend Jeanne knitted me a hat and scarf this year. I don't have a picture of it with me right now, but I'll have to take one and post it! I also had another friend knit me a hat (my friends are so talented). Click here to see that picture!
Me and my friend Aimee on New Year's Eve a few years ago.
8. The Super Bowl. Yes, baseball is my first love, but I also like football. No matter who is playing in the Super Bowl, it's something I look forward to. FYI, I'm still looking for a ticket to the Super Bowl this year (since it's being played here in the Metroplex). If I don't get a ticket, I'll be attending a party somewhere! I love watching the game (and the commercials!)
A few of my favorite Super Bowl commercials.
9. Decorating for Christmas. I know the holidays are over, but as I've mentioned before, I love Christmastime and decorating for it. It was depressing taking down my decorations last weekend!
10. Not needing an excuse to be lazy. When it's cold outside, nothing beats staying home and watching a movie or reading a good book. (Ever notice how people always say they like to "read a good book". No one ever puts that they would like to "read a bad book" or "read a mediocre book". Sorry, got sidetracked for a moment! ;)
11. Homemade chili. Whenever I go to my folks during the winter (sometimes even early fall), I request that they make chili. It's sooooo good. I should get the recipe and post it for y'all, it's awesome!
My dad's homemade chili. You have every right to be jealous! It's delicious!
12. Fuzzy socks. My feet get cold very easily. I love putting on a pair of fuzzy socks to keep them warm.
13. Going to the Rangers Fanfest and starting the countdown to Opening Day. 85 days and counting until Opening Day on April 1 (I'll wait until after the Super Bowl to put the countdown widget on my blog!) ;) Fanfest is going to be in two weeks. Yippee!
I recently rediscovered the drink Fresca. I used to drink this a lot when I was younger. I hadn't had one in years. I bought some at the store last week. For my Thirsty Thursday, I think I'll enjoy a refreshing Fresca! It has no calories!! :)