So, my sweet friend Shalyn over at Laugh Until Your Cheeks Hurt tagged her friends in the following post. The rules are to list 7 facts about you from when you were younger. So, I had to participate!! :) For long time readers, some of this might be a repeat. But the pictures are priceless, you will love them!
1. I am what you call a "bonus baby" (please refrain from using any other phrases. I prefer bonus baby). :) Because of this, my siblings are, well, somewhat older than me (this is why I have nieces/nephews close to my age. And how I'm a 32 year old "great-aunt"). Here is an early sibling picture.
If you never hear from me again, it's because my siblings killed me for posting this. But hey, it means they read my blog! :) I love the "70s tint" to this picture!
This siblings picture was taken at Thanksgiving last year.
2. I was bald until I was 2 years old. My brother likes to joke that I was four or five, but I remind him that at least I have hair now (oh yeah, I throw the bald jokes back to him!) :)
Bald is beautiful.
3. When I finally got hair, it was platinum blonde (or as I call it, "Village of the Damned" blonde). Oh no, it really was! Here is proof.
Rocking out in my Strawberry Shortcake dress. I loved this dress. And look at my pretty nails!
4. Until age 5, I had a cat named Elvira, named after the Oak Ridge Boys' song "Elvira". She was a mean son of a gun (although she was sweet with me, but I think she only liked me). We lived out in the country when I was little and dogs would walk on the other side of the road to avoid our house. You could see them looking over their shoulder to make sure Elvira wasn't after them. Our favorite story of Elvira involves my aunt's poodle, Pierre. One time my aunt and uncle were visiting and Pierre walked up the front steps with a "swagger" that he was king of the castle. Elvira didn't like that and jumped down from where she was "perched" and on to the middle of Pierre's back. My aunt freaked out while my uncle laughed saying Pierre had it coming to him. When we moved to the city, we had to leave Elvira behind. Not to be mean, but she was a country cat, not a city cat. Also, one: my dad didn't want pets inside the house and two: Elvira wouldn't have stayed inside the house. She liked to roam free!
Me and Elvira.
5. I loved to sing into a curling iron and dance around my room (okay, so things haven't changed much since I was younger). ;)
American Idol: 1982. Good lord, what am I wearing? Look at that belly!
6. I obviously had no sense of style- with clothes or hair! Although back then I thought I was "hot stuff". ;)
Could my shorts be any higher?
WHAT? Perms were "cool" back then. Right, right?? I loved that perm. We won't even talk about what I'm wearing (I may, or may not, have had other outfits similar to it). BUT, I matched my Keds to whatever I was wearing! ;) Hot stuff!
Don't laugh- I loved this dress. I would still wear it. Okay, maybe not! :)
7. In 8th grade a friend convinced me to try out for Pep Squad officer. I didn't want to because I had never been in the Pep Squad (I was a band nerd), but I went along so she didn't have to try out by herself. Somehow I was picked (to this day I don't understand why). We had to make our own outfits and there was only one store that sold the right color fabric. It was a madhouse getting it. But when we finally got it, my sweet Aunt Beth made it for me!
Oh yes, I'm still wearing Keds, even then!
Okay friends, I'm tagging you! If you want to participate, I would love to see your answers so let me know!!
If you haven't already, PLEASE go check out my lovely friends at For The Love of Blogs.
Have a great day, we are almost to Friday!!XOXO!