Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thursday 13- Hallmark Channel Style

I haven't done a Thursday 13 in FOREVER, so I thought I would post one today.


If you follow me on Twitter, it's no secret that I'm a fan of Hallmark Channel movies (shameless plug, follow me here for hot sports opinions and live tweeting of Hallmark movies). I don't know how it happened. One day I wasn't really a fan of the channel and then BOOM, I'm addicted. Sign me up. I'm here for all of them. Gotta watch them all. Lol. I even have the Hallmark Movie Checklist app that keeps tracks of the ones I've watched. I can sense that you are judging me, even through your computer or phone screens, I can tell- yeah, I'm looking at you. :)

ANYWAY, I thought today I would list 13 of my favorite Hallmark Channel TV series/movie series. Yes I like more than 13 but the post is called Thursday THIRTEEN. I'll be honest- I'm a bigger fan of the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel (because mysteries are my jam), but I do watch movies on the regular Hallmark Channel as well. I don't discriminate. :) So, in no particular order, I give you my list. 

Starring Eric Mabius, Kristin Booth, Crystal Lowe, Geoff Gustafson
10 TV episodes (including 2 hour pilot movie)
11 movies, but we are supposed to get a new SSD movie this year!


I'll be honest- I didn't watch it when it first came out (because I didn't have cable at that time), BUT it quickly became one of my favorites once I started watching it. If your remember back in 2018, I had a bad accident (you can read about it here if you would like) and I discovered this series online. I watched the 10 TV episodes and 9 movies (that's all they had at that time) in a span of less than two days. I was hooked. I will say that fans of this show (#POstables) are some of the best people out there. I enjoy chatting with them on Twitter! Hello to any of them who saw my link on Twitter and are checking out my blog today! :)

Starring Candace Cameron Bure, Marilu Henner, Peter Benson, Miranda Frigon, Lexa Doig
12 movies (and per a tweet I saw today, another one is being filmed right now)



Growing up in the 80s and 90s, Candace Cameron Bure was a big part of my childhood, so I will watch any movie she's in (no shame). These movies are based on some Charlaine Harris novels. (If you ever watched the series True Blood, those were also based on books by Charlaine Harris.) I enjoy these movies and am always anxious to see what color and style Candace's hair will be (because it changes for every movie). Lol. I know Roe is the main character but I have to say I think my favorite character is Arthur Smith, played by Peter Benson. 

3. Crossword Mysteries
Starring Lacey Chabert and Brennan Elliott
3 movies (but per IMDB they are filming at least three more)



While most people will always think of Lacey Chabert as Gretchen from Mean Girls, I always think of her as Claudia from Party of Five. She has made a name for herself on the Hallmark Channel and this role is one of my favorites for her. She and Brennan Elliott are great paired up together. This series just started last year and has become a favorite amongst Hallmarkies (as we are called on Twitter). I have to say that Brennan Elliott is the best at talking with fans on Twitter. To be fair, all of the Hallmark stars are good at interacting with fans, but Brennan does it the most. And yes he has responded to me a few times. :)

4. Hailey Dean Mysteries
Starring Kellie Martin, Viv Leacock, Giacomo Baessato, Matthew MacCaull
9 movies (not sure if there will be anymore)


I just recently watched this series after the Hallmark Channel had a marathon of all of them one day. I'm showing my age, but I remember way back when Kellie Martin was in the TV show Life Goes On. She's a good actress and I like her character in this series. I hope they make another one but I don't see anything online about a new one coming up.

5. Morning Show Mysteries
Starring Holly Robinson Peete, Rick Fox
5 movies (there is one other listed on IMDB as being in "post production" but I can't find any more info on it. I hope there are more, I really like this one).


Yes, this movie series stars Rick Fox, as in former L.A. Laker Rick Fox. I absolutely love Holly Robinson Peete and I feel that she and Rick work so well together in this series. I actually got a guy friend hooked on this series (although I'm sure Holly Robinson Peete and Rick Fox starring in it had something to do with it). :)

6. Chronicle Mysteries
Starring Alison Sweeney, Benjamin Ayres
4 movies


I never watched Days of Our Lives (what most people know Alison Sweeney from), but Hallmark has made me a fan of hers. A lot of times these movies put so much makeup on the actresses that it's distracting. Alison is naturally beautiful and they don't cake her make-up on. She looks like a "real person" (if that makes sense). This series started last year and I hope they continue it. This is the second series that Alison has done for Hallmark (not counting her one off movies here and there). 

7. Murder, She Baked
Starring Alison Sweeney, Cameron Mathison
5 movies


These are cute movies- I probably don't like them as much as I like the Chronicle Mysteries, but they are still good to watch. And Hallmark is good at showing their movies a lot, so you can probably catch it at some point. Cameron Mathison is in it and he is another Hallmark Channel favorite. 

8. Martha Vineyard Mysteries
Starring Jesse Metcalfe, Sarah Lind
2 movies (so far)


This is a new mystery series that just debuted this month. The next movie in the series will air in February. The first movie had a little more action than most Hallmark movies, which was exciting. I really hope this series continues on a while. I think it has a lot of potential. 

9. When Calls The Heart
Starring Erin Krakow, Jack Wagner, Kevin McGarry, Chris McNally
7 seasons (still ongoing)


This is my mom's favorite show ever. If Hallmark cancels it, she will riot. Yes, Lori Loughlin was on this series until last year. I'm still bitter with her because I loved the Garage Sale Mystery movies and they had to cancel it after her debacle. Thankfully they just wrote her off of this show and kept it going. But anyway, enough of that. I'm excited about the new season. I was excited when Kevin McGarry joined the cast last year. He is one of my top three favorite Hallmark actors. :)

10. Darrow & Darrow
Starring Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Tom Cavanagh, Wendie Malick
4 movies


I LOVE both Kimberly Williams-Paisley and Tom Cavanagh. I was super excited when Hallmark put them in this series together. I hope they continue this one, I don't see any signs on IMDB of a new one in production, but Hallmark movies are filmed in like three weeks, so maybe we will get a new one this year. **fingers crossed**

11. Gourmet Detective Mysteries
Starring Dylan Neal, Brooke Burns
5 movies


I just watched these movies a few weekends ago and really enjoyed them. Dylan Neal is great in this series (so is Brooke Burns). And the last two movies have had Bruce Boxleitner in them-I loved him in Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Yes I was like five when that show was on, but I watched it with my older sister. And I possible own all four seasons (don't judge).

12. Mystery 101 Mysteries
Starring Jill Wagner, Kristoffer Polaha
4 movies


This is another new series that started last year and per an Instagram post from Jill Wagner, they are filming another one. I love this series and hope there are more mysteries to be solved. I really like Kristoffer Polaha and always enjoy his movies. And Jill Wagner has become one of my favorite Hallmark actresses.  

13. Flower Shop Mysteries
Starring Brooke Shields, Brennan Elliott, Beau Bridges
3 movies


There hasn't been a new movie in this series in almost four years, so I think this one is done, but I enjoyed it, so I'm listing it. Like I said before, I like Brennan Elliott and enjoyed his character in this series. It hasn't been on the air in a while, but they will probably show it again at some point- they do show their older movies frequently.

I know it's late, but that's my Thursday 13 for today. :)

All photos used in this post are courtesy of The Hallmark Channel's webpage. I thank them for not suing me for using them. :) Randomness With Rachel does not receive any compensations for the reviews and comments in this post.

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment