Wednesday, August 23, 2017

What I'm Loving!


I'm loving...

That I can still find little things to make me happy. There is too much hate and sadness in the world right now. You can't log onto social media without it being the main thing you see. I know there are HORRIBLE things going on, and it makes me sad (and yes, angry), but instead of letting it fill me with anger and hatred, I choose to focus on things that are positive and that bring me joy. I'm not trying to ignore what's going on, just because I don't go on a rant on social media doesn't mean that I approve of it or that it doesn't make me mad. But constantly posting angry rants isn't going to help anything. I'm not saying that I can change the heart of the world by being positive and uplifting, but I'm not going to let the negative world change my heart. Okay, so with that being said, here are the things I'm loving this week....

I'm loving...

That I was able to meet everyone's favorite principal, Mr. Belding! Saved by the Bell was one of my favorite shows as a kid and such a big part of my childhood. Dennis Haskins is one of the nicest people I have ever met. And he said he doesn't mind being called Mr. Belding (I honestly couldn't bring myself to call him anything else). He was at the Roughriders game on Saturday signing autographs and taking pictures. It was so nice to have met him! 


He even did some SnapChat photos!
The group photo my friends and I took (and tweeted to him) was a little dark, so he was nice enough to edit it and tweet it back to us!
My friend Andrew couldn't make the game, but wanted an autograph, so he tweeted Mr. Belding that I was supposed to get an autograph for him. When I introduced myself, Mr. Belding asked, "Are you Rachel from Twitter? You need to get an autograph for Andrew." So, here is Mr. B signing something for Andrew. :)
I'm loving...

That my friends and I FINALLY had our Girls Night Out last Saturday. We had been planning it since May. We went to the RoughRider game (wearing our Bayside Tigers shirts for our photo with Mr. Belding). We also stayed for the post game 90s themed concert. It was a lot of fun, I love these ladies!! 


I'm loving...

My coworkers. Over the last few months, it has been crazy around my office, and there are still changes and challenges going on. It does help when you have some awesome coworkers to keep you sane on those challenging days!


We were told not to take a selfie during the solar eclipse because the reflection off the phone would hurt our eyes, so we closed them. Lol 


Speaking of loving coworkers....

I'm loving...

That one of my awesome coworkers bought a bunch of special glasses so we could look at the solar eclipse on Monday. I kept meaning to get a pair and then by the time I remembered, I couldn't find any, so I figured I just wasn't gonna see it. She bought a bunch to share so we took turns using them. I'm glad it was something I got to see. In 2024 Texas is supposed to experience a full solar eclipse, I'll be sure to get eclipse glasses for that one!


Photo taken through the eclipse glasses
I'm loving...

Baseball games with friends. Friends, baseball, and hugs always make for a good time! Yes, I'm a hugger. Thankfully (most) of my friends are too. And the ones who aren't humor me and hug me anyway. Lol.


I'm loving...

An unexpected Chick Fil-A milkshake. Those always make me happy. :)


What are YOU loving today? I would love to hear about it. Even if you think it's minor, hey, if it makes you happy, then that is awesome!

XOXO!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment