Wednesday, August 9, 2017

What I'm Loving Wednesday


I'm loving...

My short weekend trip to Atlanta last weekend. I was literally there only 36 hours, but my friends and I did SO MUCH. I'll post a full recap later this week (hopefully). Here is a small sneak peek of some of our adventures.

My sweet friend Paul lives in Atlanta and picked us up at the airport on Friday and drove us around all day. It was so good to see him again! And I'm glad we finally saw a baseball game together!
Why yes, I did wear a Dr Pepper shirt when I toured the Coca-Cola museum (I had to make sure they knew where my soda allegiance stood). :)
We went to the location of the very first Chick Fil-A. It was like walking on holy ground. And I found out that Chick Fil-A opened on May 23, 1946. May 23 is my birthday. MY LOVE OF CHICK FIL-A WAS MEANT TO BE!
As you saw above, we went to a Braves game. If you've been following my blog for a while, you know I grew up watching Braves baseball on TBS, because I couldn't get Rangers games in Austin. So yes, the Braves are my favorite NL team (the Rangers will always be my number one favorite overall though). :) My buddy Paul was able to personally introduce me to Ryan Klesko. He was on the 1995 World Series championship Braves team. He's in the top five of my favorite Braves players of all time. Sadly my number one favorite (that would be Steve Avery, for all of you reading my blog for the first time) wasn't able to make it to Atlanta for the alumni weekend, but that's okay, I'm confident I will get my photo with him one day. It's on my bucket list, it has to happen. :)
I'm loving...

That I'm spending the week with this cutie while her mom is out of town. I've been taking photos of her on my new phone. She loves to model. :) She also loves to wake Aunt Rachel up at 5 a.m. I'm not loving that as much. Lol.


I'm loving...

That I'm FINALLY reading Gone With The Wind (I was inspired after visiting the home of Margaret Mitchell while in Atlanta). It's 959 pages, so we will see how long this takes me. I'm on page 60, so 899 pages to go. Lol. Yes, I will write a review once I'm done.


I feel it's appropriate to use the bookmark I bought at the Margaret Mitchell house while reading Gone With the Wind. :)

I'm loving...

The power of social media. I noticed a spelling mistake at the Hard Rock Cafe in Atlanta, so I pointed it out to them (I think I was polite about it). When your best friend has been a fan of Bon Jovi pretty much as long as you've known her, you know how the band members (and former band members) spell their name. :)



What are YOU loving today?

XOXO!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment