Wednesday, August 16, 2017

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

In the midst of these times with horrible people doing such despicable things and there being so much ugliness and hate, I still strive to look for positive things and things that I love. 


I'm loving...

That my folks came to visit me last Friday. I loved that they and my sister Mary were able to come up for at least one day. We went to the Rangers game (you can pretend to be shocked). It was Military Appreciation Night and the branch of the military the Rangers were honoring was the Coast Guard. If you bought a special ticket (which I did), you got a Coast Guard Texas Rangers cap. My grandfather (my dad's dad) served in the Coast Guard in World War II, so receiving this cap meant a lot to my dad. :) I'm posting a video of the Coast Guard marching song below. 

Of course we ate lunch at Norma's Cafe. My folks didn't even get out of their car, they called me from the parking lot of my apartment complex and said "let's go to Norma's". Coming to visit me is just their cover, they are really in Dallas for Norma's. :)
Looking adorable in our new caps!

My folks just celebrated their 61st wedding anniversary last week


I'm loving...

That my mom gets so passionate during Rangers games. Gee, sounds like someone else I know. At one point it looked like they were going to blow a six-run lead and my mom was threatening to go down on to the field and give them a talking to (joking, of course). The usher teased the police officer in our section that he needed to keep an eye on her. She was so excited when the Rangers finally won the game. Just look how happy they made her.


I'm loving...

That we got to see my cousin Debbie on Friday night. She moved to Texas last year and we hadn't had a chance to meet up. She was at the game with some of my other cousin's kids, so she came over and surprised my folks. I hope to get to hang out with her again soon. 



I'm loving...

That I got to meet this precious little angel. She is the daughter of my friends Amber and Nash. I tried to sneak off with her (so I could change that hideous onesie), but they caught me. Lol.

Free baby night at the Ballpark!
 I'm loving...

That I spent the weekend at the Ballpark with some of my awesome friends!

Corina hugs make any day better!
I risked my salvation by skipping church on Sunday to get in line at the Ballpark for a giveaway item. Lol. It was a talking Rangers alarm clock. I now wake up to "Wake up, it's baseball time in Texas!". :)
Love these peeps!
I'm loving...

That some of the friends I got to see last week were friends I hadn't seen in a while!

Amber and Nash were in town for the Astros/Rangers series (they live in a house divided. Lol). So glad I got to meet their precious little baby!!
It was good to see my friend Britton again. We met up at a Rangers game in Washington D.C. earlier this season. He was in town for Pudge's retirement ceremony
I finally saw my sweet friend Keva again! She actually lives in the same town as my folks, but the last few times I've been there, I haven't been able to see her. She was at the game with her husband and kiddos.
I'm so excited my friend Laura and her lovely family have moved to Dallas. This was the first time I've been able to see her since then (I saw her hubby and son at a game a few weeks ago)
 I'm loving...

That I met up with some Twitter peeps at the game last Saturday. I love meeting my fellow Twitter addicts! Junior had an extra giveaway item from a game that I missed, so he gave me his extra one. :) And I'm glad I finally met Michael. He's a fellow blogger. Check out his blog here. :)


I hope everyone else can find something to love right now!!

XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Well, happy anniversary to your parental units. That is awesome that they were able to come visit & take in a game with you. :)

    ReplyDelete