Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thursday 13: Netflix History

I know, I did this topic back in January, but hey, that was over nine months ago. And yes, I've (sadly) watched a LOT more on Netflix than I'm mentioning here. But I only needed to list 13 shows/movies. Please judge me at your own risk.



13 Shows/Movies in my Netflix History
(please note I suffer from insomnia so I watch a lot of stuff in the middle of the night when I can't sleep)

1. Murdoch Mysteries. I discovered this show about three years ago on Netflix. At that time, only the first three seasons were available online. It's a Canadian show and it started in 2008. I found seasons four and five on Amazon Prime last year, and got caught up through that. Last month Netflix added up to season 7 (yes, I started it over, just to refresh my memory of the show). Season 9 is airing right now in Canada (and sadly cannot be viewed in the US). I was bummed out until I discovered last week a streaming website (that may or may not be legal) where someone had uploaded all the seasons and each week adds the new episode of season 9, so I may or may not watch it there weekly now. It's a good show. It's a detective show set in Toronto in the late 1800s/early 1900s. I adore the actor who plays Murdoch (Yannick Bisson), I used to watch him in another show that aired about ten years ago. 


2. Zombeavers. I'm embarrassed to have this on here. I almost didn't include it because I only watched about 20 minutes before I had to turn it off. It was just too stupid. And I'm someone who watched SyFy Channel movies, and this wasn't even bearable to watch. 


3. Hawaii Five-O. My folks got me hooked on this show (this is the newer version). I'm almost caught up through last season on Netflix. I can watch the current season of the show on that website I mentioned above. So maybe I will and maybe I won't. My attorney advised me not to admit anything.



4. High Society. This is basically a musical version of The Philadelphia Story. Grace Kelly is forced to choose between Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra (some girls have all the luck).


5. iZombie. My friend Cara told me about this show. I joke that our friendship started because one of us heard the other talking about Netflix at work one day, so now we recommend shows to each other all the time. And we never judge each other for what we watch. :) This show is actually better than I thought it would be. I'm only on episode 6 (I haven't felt the need to binge watch it yet), but it's pretty good. It's not what I thought it would be. 


6. The Munsters. I watched this show all the time after school when I was younger so I had to watch a few episodes. I was surprised to see it was only on two seasons. When I was a kid, it seemed like there were 100 different episodes. 


7. A Little Game. This was actually a really cute movie. And yes, I watched it solely because Ralph Macchio was in it. 


8. The Good Guy. Cara sent me a list of movies/shows that were leaving Netflix in September and this movie was listed. I never would have watched it, but it had Scott Porter in it (of Friday Night Lights fame), so, I forced myself to check it out. It's no longer available. It's not a must see so you aren't missing out. But if you come across it and are extremely bored (and possibly have adult beverages) you can check it out.


9. Psych. Cara and I were talking a while back about how much we missed this show, and even though I have the first four seasons on DVD, I still rewatched it on Netflix. What, I'm lazy. It's easier to have the next episode just pop up instead of getting up and changing DVDs. The walk from my couch to the TV is a real struggle. Lol.


10. Twin Peaks. There was an episode of Psych where they did a spoof on Twin Peaks. I never watched it when it was on originally, so I decided to give it a shot. I made it through season one, I still need to finish season 2. It's a weird show, that's for sure.


11. Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. What? I haven't watched this show since I was a kid. I had to reminisce. This show is still great. I'll confess I was an adult before I realized that Mister Rogers was doing most of the voices in the Land of Make Believe.


12.  If I Stay. Normally I read the book before I watch the movie, but with this one, I really didn't have a great desire to read it. It was also on a list of shows leaving Netflix, so I watched it before it was taken off. It was okay. It was sad though, and I don't like sad movies, so I didn't like it all that much (but it was probably a good movie besides that).


13. Granite Flats. This just happened to pop up in my Netflix "You Might Be Interested" feed. It's a really good show. I had never heard of it before. I don't even know what station it airs on (per IMDB, it's still on the air). The first two seasons are on Netflix. From the description of the first episode, I thought it was going to be a "sci-fi", but it's really more than that. It's set in the early 1960s. I definitely recommend checking it out. 


XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. You tried watching Zombeavers?! Ha, ha! I saw that on there & the title was bad enough to keep me away! Too funny!

    I read If I Stay & the book was good. The movie, I was not impressed with at all.

    ReplyDelete