Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy Thoughts...

It seems social media and the news were all filled with terrible and sad stories today: the airplane that has disappeared without a trace, the awful accident at SXSW (South By Southwest) in Austin, and the devastating story about the collapse of that building in New York (this is just to name a few). I figured everyone needed some cheering up, so I decided to only post happy things on my blog today. My bad week pales in comparison to what is going on in other places and what other people are going through.

Happy Thing #1:
My niece Alice and her family came to see me last weekend (thank you for the prayers for her, she is doing better. Continued prayers are appreciated). I got to go to the zoo with her three kiddos. I hadn't been to the Dallas Zoo since 2010, which was the last time they were here to see me.

A picture of me and C looking at the elephants in 2010 and 2014. He's heavier now!
My sweet boys- they grow up so fast. They now have to be goofy when they take a picture!
Glad Miss K has joined the party!
They do enjoy having their picture taken
These were a few of the animals that Aunt Rachel enjoyed seeing
These were animals Aunt Rachel could have done without seeing!
My apartment even survived the visit! ;)
During the visit...
About 20 minutes after they left...the apartment felt lonely with them gone though...
Happy Thing #2: 
Baseball season is 18 days away. I got this email today. I possibly did a back flip (okay, who am I kidding, I didn't do a back flip). BUT, I was very excited!


Happy Thing #3:
I'm on book 13 of the year (I know, I owe y'all two book reviews, I'm working on them). I'm currently two books ahead of my goal of reading 52 books this year. :) As a reminder, you can keep up with what I'm reading, what I've read, and what I want to read on GoodReads (click here)

Happy Thing #4:
I found out four of my favorite shows are being renewed (yes, it's the little things in life that make me happy). NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, CSI, and Criminal Minds are all coming back next year. 


Happy Thing #5:
Luke Bryan released a new album this week (stop judging me, you know who you are!) ;)


Happy Thing #6:
I possibly have a vacation planned for June (it's all tentative for now). But if it pans out, I could cross two states off my 101 in 1001 list as well as a baseball ballpark I've never visited. Details to come if this actually happens. :)

Happy Thing #7:
Spring might be here to stay (we've had warm weather tease us the past month, only to have a cold front so rudely bring cold weather back.) 


Happy Thing #8:
I get to go on my first business trip next week. I'm strangely excited about it. It's also to a state I've never visited AND I might get to see a good friend and fellow blogger while I'm there. :)

Happy Thing #9: 
The text conversations I have with my friends. 

Happy Thing #10:
Tomorrow is my flex day (which means I only work 3.5 hours).

XOXO!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment