I'm trying to be better about updating you on the progress of my 101 in 1001 list. You can always check my progress by clicking on the page here (or you can find it at the top of my blog listed as "New and Improved 101 in 1001).
I have already completed a few of the items.
36. Volunteer to work at my company's career conference. I did that, and was actually selected to work in it. I'll be doing that sometimes in the middle of March.
74. Mail a friend an unexpected gift (non birthday or holiday related). I mailed a gift package to a sweet friend of mine a few weeks ago. She loved it (and had no idea I was sending it). :)
79. Give a generous tip for a job well done. I've actually done this twice. A few weeks ago a friend and I had dinner at this restaurant called Christina's, and the waiter did a great job taking care of us, so I left him a great tip. Also, last week I went to dinner for my friend's birthday, and I left the waiter a good tip (we had a large table, with confusing orders, he did a good job keeping on top of everything).
A few items are currently in process:
38. Take a lunch break away from my desk twice a month. I did that two times in February. I have a habit of sitting at my desk and reading during my lunch break, so I made a point to leave the building twice for a lunch break.
50. Try out 10 restaurants that I've never been to before. I've already gone to two. I've noticed how easy it is for me to complete the items that involve food. Lol. :) My friend CJ and I went to this place called Angry Dog a few weeks ago. It was voted the best hamburger in DFW the past two years (so I had to check it out). I have to admit, it was a pretty good burger. And it really wasn't all too expensive. I'll definitely be going back.
This past Saturday my friend B and I went for a motorcycle ride. This was back on Saturday when it was 84 degrees, before winter decided to come back and we had sleet and ice, and temperatures in the 20's on Sunday. Anyways, we took a ride to check out this BBQ place called Hard Eight BBQ (B had been there before, I had never heard of it). Oh. My. Word. Seriously, hands down, the best BBQ ever. I got so much food. I could barely walk back to his bike after this meal. It's a little pricey, but SO WORTH IT!!
|Why yes, I am a little pig when it comes to BBQ. Thanks for noticing. :) If you ever go, just get the meat, don't even bother with getting sides. They just take up room in your stomach. :)|
57. Read at least two new books per month. This one is pretty easy, seeing that I'm already reading a book a week for my New Year's Resolution.
90. Treat myself to a Chick Fil-A milkshake once a month. I'm sure you all know how hard this is for me to do, but I "forced" myself to buy one a few weeks ago. :)
96. Treat myself to a nice steak dinner twice. I've already done this once, and I must say, it was delicious! Again, if it involves food, I have no problem completing that task! :)
That's my update for now, I'll try to do another one in a few weeks! :)
I was going to do a Mobile Monday today, but I realized I haven't really taken a whole lot of pictures lately, so, there went that idea. I did want to post this one since I meant to post it weeks ago, but, of course, I forgot. A few weeks ago I was so excited when my friends Katie and Donny were in town visiting from North Carolina. I hadn't seen them in almost a year. A group of us met at Taco Cabana (a place I introduced Katie to when she first visited Texas back in 2011) for lunch and a MUCH TOO SHORT reunion. I wish we got to see each other more often! I miss them! :)
|Love these peeps!!|
Oh, one other picture. Like I mentioned above, we had sleet and ice yesterday, so the roads were still kinda bad this morning. My company had a late start (we didn't have to be in until 10am). BUT, they actually let us dress casually (we usually have to dress pretty fancy). This NEVER happens here. One of my coworkers has been here 20 years and thinks being allowed to dress casually has only happened one other time. I have to say, I feel so much more productive in jeans and tennis shoes. :)
Happy Monday y'all!