Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Confession...

First of all, Happy 11-11-11. Since I won't be around the next time it happens, I had to mention it! ;)


Boob Tube Babble


I have a confession of something I've been watching for the past few weeks. About a month ago I came across a new channel on my Uverse called FamilyNet. They have "family friendly" shows like The Bob Newhart Show, Mr. Belvedere, Newhart and The Mary Tyler Moore Show. While flipping channels one day I came across a rerun of Remington Steele. Now, I was pretty young when this show first aired (I think I was maybe four), but I remember the show being on TV. Does that make sense? I THINK I might have watched an episode or two with my sister Mary (she has yet to confirm that). I remember that someone in my house watched Remington Steele and Scarecrow and Mrs. King. So yes, I confess: I set my DVR to record Remington Steele reruns every day.


Yes, it is kind of cheesy, but I can't stop watching.



And might I add that Pierce Brosnan was quite the looker back then (not that he isn't now, but still, look at him then). ;)



It's been FOREVER since I've participated in Five Question Friday, so, here we go!






1. What's the last thing you spent too much money on?
I wouldn't say I spent too much money on it (because it was on sale), but a few months ago I bought a new flat screen TV. That has been my most expensive purchase lately. If all goes well and I have the money, I'm hoping to buy another Rangers mini ticket plan for next season!

2. What celebrity chef would you want to make you dinner?
I'll be honest- I don't watch cooking shows so I don't know many. Maybe Jamie Oliver, but just because I love his accent! :)



3. Where do you hide things when visitors pop over or do you let them see the real deal?
Most of my friends know my apartment is rarely spotless, so I let them see the real deal. It's funny if my friends come over right after I clean they are like, "whoa, something's different." I'm not a slob by any means, I just have a lot of stuff, and it won't all fit in my apartment. :) Right now I may or may not have laundry on my couch. And my living room chair. And I may or may not have craft supplies on the stairs up to my loft because I was too lazy to walk upstairs the other day and put them away.

4. Who is your oldest living family member?
In my immediate family, it would be my dad (my grandparents have passed away). But he has a cousin who is in her 90s, so if we are including extended family, it would be her.

5. What is your favorite DQ treat and/or Sonic drink combo?
I honestly don't go to Dairy Queen or Sonic all too much. I guess at Sonic I might get a cherry slushie, but nothing too fancy.

Happy Veteran's Day to all of our men and women who have served and who are serving in our military. My grandfather's both served in World War II, one in the Coast Guard and one in the Army. God bless America!


Have a great weekend friends! XOXO!!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment