Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm back!

I know it's been a while since I've really posted anything (besides my blog journal). Sorry for the "sabbatical". It seems that life got in the way of blogging (I guess honestly that isn't a bad thing, but I do miss being connected to my blogging friends!) :)

The past few weeks at work have been insane (I prefer to say "craptastic"), which is one reason I haven't had time to post. After getting home, the last thing I really wanted to do was turn on my computer. I sometimes update my blog during my lunch break, but I've been so busy I really haven't had time to take a lunch break  lately (just don't tell my boss- we are required to take a lunch break). :)

So, is it just me or is it hard to believe that it's already OCTOBER? I was at the Rangers game yesterday with some friends and I was like, "it seems like only yesterday it was Opening Day." Which was in APRIL. It's finally beginning to feel like fall around here. It was about 65 degrees yesterday at The Ballpark (of course being in the sun made it feel a little warmer). I've had my bedroom window open in my apartment the past week. I love saving money by not having to use the air conditioning! Since I live on the second floor, I don't mind having my windows opened (I'll be honest. If I was on the first floor, I wouldn't do it.)

Last weekend I decided to pull out my fall decorations. Yes, when the temperature gets below 80 in Texas, we start decorating for fall! Here are some picture of a few of them.

 Front door of my apartment

Inside my front door


I put candy corn in this bowl and have it on my coffee table. I thought it was adorable!

I got all of these items at the Dollar Tree (I'm not too proud to admit I shop there- it's awesome). :)


Some co-workers and I also decorated around our office.


 Outside my office (okay, my cubicle)


You can kinda see the lovely view from my office window- I'm on the 5th floor

Anyways, as I mentioned before, I was at the Rangers game yesterday. It was the last regular game of the season. For the first time in 11 years the Rangers are going into the post season so there is still Rangers baseball left to be played and watched. We found out yesterday we will play the Tampa Bay Rays starting on Wednesday. I'm so excited about the post season (despite the Rangers getting shafted by "The Evil Empire", forcing us to play day games instead of primetime games). It's okay. I have a half day on Thursday at work, so I'll be able to see that one on TV. Just for Game 1 on Wednesday I'll have to follow it online. Here's hoping my I.T. department doesn't monitor my internet usage! ;)

I'll be honest. If you had told me back in April we would make the post season, I'm not sure I would have believed you. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know I love my Rangers- in the good times and bad times. Sadly there have been more bad times in recent years (my baseball heart has been broken more than once over the past few years), but I think in order to be a true fan, you have to love a team all the time (in good seasons and bad seasons). Anyone can love a team that wins all the time. Don't even get me started on band wagon fans. :) That doesn't mean I won't complain if they do bad (as you might recall), but I still love them! :)

Anyways, if you remember my post a few weeks ago, I got playoff tickets for game 3 of the first round of the playoffs (which will be this upcoming Saturday afternoon at The Ballpark). Rangers co-owner Chuck Greenberg actually helped me get them (go here for that post). Yesterday after the game I was able to meet Chuck Greenberg in person. He was very nice. He was busy signing autographs. His seats are lower, so people kept throwing stuff to him to sign. I asked him if we could take a picture and he said, "sure, come on down." The poor security guard had been trying to keep fans back, and then Chuck had him help me over the seats to get by him. He shook my hand and thanked me for coming to the game. I thanked him for everything he has done for the team!

Me and Chuck Greenberg, Rangers co-owner!

I hope to be better about updating my blog this week. I'm going to do my best to get caught up reading everyone's blogs as well!! I know I have some new followers I need to go check out (I promise to get to you, thanks for your patience!) If today isn't too brutal, I'll try to log on tonight when I get home.

Have a great week sweet friends!

4 comments:

  1. I love the Dollar Tree!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get such a kick outa you Texas people. It gets below 80 and you decorate for fall. :-) We've already had 25 degree frosts two mornings. Looks like we've a reprieve from that for a week or so.

    Glad you're back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah ur pretty much.....AWESOME! how neat to meet him! and your decor looks so fallicious:) love it! makes the day at the office a wee bit better....doesn't it...or no...cause you sound like u still need to get the blank outta there....hope all is well and you look fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Love your fall decorations. That's awesome that you got tickets for a Rangers play off game!

    *cough*philliesarewinningtheworldseries*cough*

    ReplyDelete