Thursday, December 7, 2017

What I'm Loving...Thursday!

I've been meaning to update my blog the past few weeks and each week something prevents me from posting (AKA my insanely busy schedule). I finally made time today to get a post up. I really wanted to post yesterday for What I'm Loving Wednesday but was (SURPRISE) too busy, so I give you, What I'm Loving...Thursday! :)


I'm loving...

That I had a great Thanksgiving with my family. We had a small crowd- only fifteen on Thanksgiving Day (that's small for my family), but I enjoyed spending time with everyone who could make it. 


My nephew Jonathan came in from Missouri and surprised us all! I hadn't see him in years! :)
My brother's adorable dog Scamp joined us for Thanksgiving (well, he had to stay outside because someone in my family- AKA my mother, doesn't allow animals in the house). I spent lots of time outside cuddling him!
I made my Bubba recreate (sorta) this photo from the early 80s. He nixed wearing the short shorts and high socks. Lol.
I'm loving...

That I ran (ahem..jogged/walked) my first 5K and didn't die!! It was on my 40 by 40 list, so that's something I can cross off! :) I actually had a lot of fun with my friends Jude and Christine (and my new friend Cathy). I might even do another one!

I liked this one because it was at night and I didn't have to get up at 5am to go run

I don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but Steve Avery (yes, THAT STEVE AVERY, the Avery behind the name Averyfan) is my friend on Facebook. He actually sent me a friend request, I did not stalk him (we have a mutual friend so he felt I was safe to "friend" on Facebook). He's very nice (I knew he would be). Anyway, my Facebook post before the 5K was that if I died, someone ask Steve Avery to give the eulogy at my funeral. I didn't tag him, but he saw my post and commented. :) I told him I survived but he could still say nice things about me. :)
I'm loving...

That I got to see my bestie Brandy TWICE last week. We go months without seeing each other but we went to the Fort Worth symphony last Thursday and then I went to her son's birthday party on Sunday. Weehoo!


I'm loving...

That I was invited to this cutie's 4th birthday party. I don't give up my Sunday afternoons and drive an hour for just anyone, but when I do, it's for him! :)

As always, thanks to his parents for giving me permission to use his photo on my blog
I'm loving...

That I went to my first Stars game of the season just before Thanksgiving. My nephew Danny came into down to go with me (he's three years younger than me and the person who got me interested in hockey). I ran into a few friends at the game. And the Stars won! :) Go Stars go!

Always good running into my friend Matt, he's a season ticket holder for the Stars.
My baby nephew (he hates when I call him that). Lol
 I'm loving...

My Christmas decorations at Casa de Rachel. I got a new tree this year (I gave my old one to my niece Lydia). The decorations make me happy! :) 

As my long time followers know, I'm a Nativity scene snob. Baby Jesus and the wise men are on separate sides of the room in my house. The wise men actually didn't show up until Jesus was about two. Technically baby Jesus shouldn't be in the manger until Christmas Day, but I bought my Nativity set at the Dollar Store, so baby Jesus is attached to the manger. Lol.
I'm loving...

Spending time with friends. My schedule is so busy lately but my friends and I have managed to work in time to see each other!

I saw A Christmas Story at the Alamo Drafthouse with my friend Monica last weekend. We got props! It was a lot of fun seeing it on the big screen!
I saw the movie The Man Who Invented Christmas this past week with my friends Ryan and Mel. It was a great movie- I highly recommend it!
My friend Allan (top left) and I have known each other since kindergarten. I went to his place for a party just before Thanksgiving and made some new friends! :) A fun time was had by all!

What are you loving??

XOXO!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment