Monday, October 23, 2017

Book Reviews 2017: Hidden Things

** All reviews on Randomness With Rachel are done on a five-star rating system. The reviews are solely my opinion and no one else's. Randomness With Rachel does not receive any incentives or compensations for reviews.**

Hidden Things by Andrea Boehshaar


I have no clue how this book ended up on my bookshelf. I don't remember buying it and I can't find a friend who admits that they loaned it to me.  Regardless how it ended up on my bookshelf, I'm glad it did. Evidently this is the second book in a series so I need to go and find book one. 

This was a heart-warming book to read. Yes, parts of it were kind of over the top "Focus on the Family" sugar-coated, but I would rather read that than some stuff printed in other books. It would be a good book for a book club (especially a book club with church members).

I feel the author did a great job with her writing. It kept me interested in the story. The book shows a woman who discovers that just because she's been in church her whole life doesn't mean she has all of life's answers (boy- I can relate to that!) 

It also shows that you have to rely on God even when your heart and mind are telling you something else. I see some other reviews complaining about unanswered questions but there is a book three so hopefully those questions will be answered. I do like how not everything was wrapped up perfectly in a bow at the end- that's not always how life goes. I look forward to the next book.

Book summary:


I finished this book on September 6, so it goes towards my 40 by 40 challenge.

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment