Monday, June 20, 2016

Book Review 2016: Dropped Third Strike

**All reviews on Randomness With Rachel are done on a five star rating system. The reviews are solely my opinion and no one else's. Randomness With Rachel does not receive any incentives or compensations for reviews.**

Dropped Third Strike by Micah K. Chaplin


It is NO secret that I'm a HUGE baseball fan, so I LOVED the baseball aspect of this book, but even for a casual or non-baseball/sports fan, this book is an enjoyable read and I loved it.

In so many books today (especially romance books), the characters are so perfect and "flawless" that it's not only unrealistic, it's ridiculous. Who can relate to someone who is so perfect? I know I can't. I love that the characters in this book have their own individual imperfections, so they are easier to relate to and seem more "real".

Now, I don't work for a major league baseball team (I could only wish), but I could relate to Kate in some ways. She has insecurities and hang-ups that we all have (even if we wish we didn't). I can also relate to what she goes through with her singleness- the struggle can be very real.

I love that the author included a glossary of baseball terms (to help out those non-baseball fans). I hope that this encourages a non-fan to give the book a chance. You never know, you might also fall in love with the sport of baseball! :)

I have high hopes that this will become a series because there were some minor characters in the book that could have their own story line. I look forward to the next one! :)

Why yes, I did order an autographed copy! :)

XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reviewing! I'm glad you weren't tired of the story after all the times you read it in rough drafts. :)

    ReplyDelete