Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Remembering Gilbert...

Growing up I was a huge fan of the Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea movies. The movies were made in Canada, and the Disney Channel aired them in the mid-late 80s all the time. The movies were based on a book series by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I remember when I was about nine or ten, my parents bought me the entire book series (I still have them today).

I always thought the movies were fantastic. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I watched them as a child. Obviously the main character is a girl named Anne (played by Megan Follows, who is an amazing actress). Another main character throughout the books and movie is a boy named Gilbert Blythe. He was probably my favorite character (at least in the movies). 

The actor who portrayed Gilbert in the movies was named Jonathan Crombie. Sadly last week, the actor passed away at age 48 from a brain hemorrhage. It wasn't until I posted something on social media that I realized I knew so many people who also loved the movies (and Gilbert). 

I was lucky enough to meet Jonathan after his performance in the Broadway show The Drowsy Chaperone (it came to Dallas in 2008). He was happy to talk to all his fans, and signed tons of Anne of Green Gables memorabilia. He seemed very proud that people still recognized him as being Gilbert.


I thought today I would post some of my favorite Gilbert moments from the movies. Obviously there are spoilers in these videos and GIFs, but the movies are 30 years old, I don't think I have to put *spoiler alert* ahead of it. :) The GIF are courtesy of this article here, which is worth checking out if you are fan of Gilbert or the movies

R.I.P. Jonathan...















And now I have to have an Anne of Green Gables marathon sometime soon! :)

XOXO!!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment