Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Brass Verdict-Book Review

I told you I was going to try and do my weekly book reviews. I just finished The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly. This is only the second book of Connelly's that I've read, but I'm becoming a fast fan. 

The first book I read was The Lincoln Lawyer (yes, the movie with Matthew McConaughey is based on it, but the book was better). I really liked the main character, Mickey Haller, so I picked this book up (book 2 in the series). I was introduced to another character of Connelly's- Harry Bosch. I now have to catch up on the Harry Bosch books-from what I read about Bosch in this novel, I think I will like him. 

I like Connelly's writing style. His books are easy to read (that is not an insult, it simply means that his writing flows well and it's easy to get caught up in the story). I really like his characters. There are some minor characters introduced in this novel that I hope make an appearance in another Haller stories (one of them being Patrick- if you read the book, you will meet him). I would like to see where Connelly takes them. 

The only problem with reviewing a mystery book is that you don't want to say too much. I don't want to give something away in the story (as minor of a detail it might be). I will say there were some things I didn't see coming, so I was surprised!

If you read this book, I would recommend reading The Lincoln Lawyer first, just to get some background on Mickey Haller. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!


XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you're loving his books! Now I have someone to talk to about them!! :) Can't wait to see what you think about Harry.

    ReplyDelete