Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent Friday night at home watching baseball (I don't want to talk about the outcome of that game), and I also worked on my novel a little (well, short story, I don't think I'm ever gonna have enough written to call it a novel). I'll never complain again when my favorite authors take time getting their next novel published, this is hard to do!

Saturday I pretty much stayed in bed all morning and most of the afternoon watching college football.
For some reason, my TV looks really tiny in this picture. It's a 32 inch flat screen, so it's not that small.
I also had college football discussions via text with my nephew James.

If Baylor running back Lache Seastrunk ends up winning the Heisman, this is proof my nephew and I thought early he was a good candidate! :)
Saturday evening I finally pulled myself out of bed away from the television (for a while at least) and met up with my friend Theresa. We went to college together and hadn't seen each other in about 13 years. She and her husband were in town for the weekend so we met up for dinner. It was great seeing her, we have promised it will not be 13 years between our next visit!

Theresa's dog Tux insisted on being in the center of the picture
After I got home, I spent the rest of Saturday evening watching baseball (again, don't want to talk about the outcome of THAT game either) and college football. I wish the Texas Tech game was available on my cable (and I'm not just saying that because I think the Texas Tech coach is good looking- which he is). That game would have been been better than the UT game or the Notre Dame game (I have two friends who are Notre Dame fans, I seem to keep up with the Irish now when it comes to football. The things I do for my friends). :)

Random picture of Texas Tech football coach Kliff Kingsbury. See, told you he was good looking. Wreck 'em Tech. :)
Sunday morning I was up earlier than usual, so I decided to get a breakfast taquito from Whataburger before church. I wasn't the only one with that idea.

Well worth the wait...
Church went really well on Sunday. I got to sit by a buddy of mine (we both discovered recently that we attended the same church-it's a big church, it's easy to miss people in the crowd). After services, I had a great lunch with one of the lovely ladies from my Bible study before we met up with the rest of our group. It was kind of what I needed after my week last week (I might have mentioned I was feeling blah last week).

I finally went grocery shopping (we won't say how many weeks I've been eating out because I've been to lazy to go to the store). I actually cooked dinner last night. Boom!

I wonder if my back left burner feels like a red-headed stepchild. I never use that burner. Am I the only person who only uses the front right burner?
Last night the Cowboys were the Sunday night game of the week. I know, there are a lot of Cowboys haters out there. I can't help it, I've been a fan too long, why give up now. I'm also an unapologetic Romo supporter. I think he gets the blame for a lot of things that are not his fault (not saying that he doesn't deserve SOME of the blame- he's not perfect). But alas, I can't help but love the man (although he breaks my heart every year). Last night I had a range of emotions during the game (that usually happens when I watch Cowboys football). I didn't get a picture of all of my facial expressions, but here are a few. I was entertaining a friend during the game by texting him. He thought it was funny I was throwing things (my brush possibly went flying across my room at one point. My college roommate will verify I do throw my brush if I get frustrated during sporting events).

The picture to the left is how I looked whenever the Cowboys couldn't take advantage of a Giants turnover. The picture on the right is a happy Cowboys fan after they held on for a 36-31 win.
Yes, I did take a picture of my TV during Romo's postgame interview. Don't judge me.
I'm looking forward to this week. I'm going to three Rangers games (I cannot believe the regular season is just a few weeks from being over- where did the season go?) The Rangers BETTER hold on and make the playoffs this year. I spent an un-godly amount of money on post season tickets (I have no self control) and I want to use them. My folks are also coming to town this weekend- they have never seen my new apartment. I'm actually taking them to the game on Friday night. I bought them new Rangers shirts for their anniversary. I'll post pictures of them next week- they are adorable. :)

How was your weekend?

XOXO!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment