Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy happy joy joy!

Happy Friday friends!! Are you glad it's the weekend? I know I am!! It's my flex day so I am off work at 11:30. Wahoo!! **happy dance**

So, I was out buying stuff for my department Christmas party earlier week. I stopped on the "Christmas aisle" at Kroger to pick up some Hershey kisses and peppermint candy canes....and that is when I saw them.


Gobstopper and Spree flavored candy canes!!! Now, as some of you know, I'm not a huge "sweets" person. I don't eat cake, pie and stuff like that. And the only cookies I usually eat are ones that my mom makes. BUT, I have a weakness for candy- especially from the good man Willy Wonka. It is just pure greatness. And yes, I bought these candy canes just for me. I bought regular candy canes for our Christmas party. **insert evil laugh**

Oh, I just realized that I haven't posted a picture of the Christmas tree at my apartment. Isn't it lovely?


I'll try and take some of the lights around my balcony this weekend. Some friends and I are driving around looking at Christmas lights tomorrow night (it's become a tradition). We might watch a Christmas movie afterward. I can't believe that Christmas is just over a week away! Seriously, where did December go?? I only work Monday and Tuesday next week. After work on Tuesday I'm heading to my folks. Wahoo! I can't wait.

If you would like to participate in Five Question Friday, go here.




1. Do you regift, and if so, do you have a regifting horror story?
I have regift items that I received at "White Elephant" Christmas parties (also called "Sneaky Santa", it's where people can steal gifts from each other).

2. Do you know what you are getting for Christmas this year?
Well, I already got a Michael's (craft store) gift card from a friend at work. And my Secret Santa got me a Half Price Books gift card. And my friend Tina got me a Chick Fil A gift card. Wahoo! I love gift cards!

Chick Fil A gift card from my friend Tina (it came in this cute cow stocking). It's next to the much needed chocolate milkshake I had the other day. Yum..milkshakes!


3. Who brings the most gifts in your family, you or Santa?
Okay, honestly, Santa didn't really give gifts at my house growing up. It's not that my parents were opposed to the idea of Santa but most of the gifts came from my parents (or siblings). I think the bicycle I got when I was 8 was from "Santa".

4. What store do you love to by jeans from?
I'm a big fan of Kohl's so that is where I get most of my clothes from. I'm not "committed" to a specific brand of jeans. I usually go with what is on sale. The last time I went jean shopping I had to go up one size in my jeans though. I may, or may not, have cried a little.

5. Christmas meal: A Big, All Out Meal or Snacks?
We usually have a big meal (my family is fond of holidays that involve food!) ;) We used to do the Christmas turkey or ham meal, but lately we've been doing something different for Christmas lunch/dinner. Last year we had fajitas. I remember one year we went to IHOP for Christmas lunch.




As part of Fab Friend Friday, I would like to introduce my new friend Shalyn. Check out her blog, Laugh until your cheeks hurt She's really cool!! :)


Happy weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. SPREE Candy Canes?? YUMMO! I'll have to try those.

    The tree looks very pretty and inviting.

    Here's hoping your family has a lovely Christmas.

    I'm a new follower from FTLOB's Fab Friday Hop. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick-Fil-A and Michaels? What more could a girl ask for? And I LOVE candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh we bought those candy canes and my boys have been on a candy cane sugar high ever since. They love them! LOVE!

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Do you regift...and if so, do you have a regifting horror story?
    I regifted the skinny Santa on the old fashioned, big wheel bicycle (that I mentioned last week). The person ultimately rejected it and it ended up on my mother's dresser.

    2. Do you know what you are getting for Christmas this year?
    Yes

    3. Who bring the most gifts in your family, you or Santa?
    Me

    4. What store do you love to buy jeans from?
    QVC - Personify by Denim & Co.

    5. Christmas meal: Big, All Out Meal or Snacks and Apps?
    Big, All Out Meal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the canes! I got Sweettart ones this year! They are soooo tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those candy canes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, my weakness is candy too, I'm afraid. I'm trying to figure out a good strategy for avoiding too much of it during the next two weeks. But for me, if I'm going to have a candy cane, it's only going to be peppermint. Anything else is just a poser. Your Christmas tree is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE your tree;) so sparkly! i can't stand those candy canes but Bryan loves them...I'd much rather eat cake! lol....hope you had a lovely weekend dollface!:)

    and I love your fab friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your christmas tree looks beautiful; I have regifted before and I love Jeans sold at Target.

    ReplyDelete